Delnor Construction Ltd.
Committed to providing quality craftsmanship through exceptional employee commitment
POSITION TITLE: Project Cost Accountant (PCA)
Position Classification: Administration Office
Location: Edmonton, AB
Supervisor: Manager, Project Accounting
Under the direction of the Manager, Project Accounting, the PCA will be responsible for full cycle project accounting functions. The position is full time and located in our Edmonton Head Office.
- Project Accounting (AP & AR) for complex jobs across companies
- Client/Project distribution to team members
- Project listing maintenance
- Contractor Agreement Maintenance
- AR Collections
- AR/AP reviews and escalation/entry
- Job Cost Reporting
- Monthly financial reviews with Project Managers
- Recommendations for accounting process improvements
- Software Packages: Viewpoint Construction Software, Microsoft Excel(intermediate), Sendr (PO system)
This position reports to the Manager, Project Accounting for assignments and daily duties.
Education: Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting or similar field is preferred.
Other Training & Development:
- Other in-house specialized training as required
Experience:2+ years in related fields an asset, specifically Construction.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Exceptional computer skills with Microsoft Office suites
- Exceptional keystroke accuracy
- Experience with ERP software an asset, especially “batch and post” systems
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and effective communication - ability to communicate with internal and external personnel, liaise with multiple stakeholders, and prepare professional documentation.
Contracting a large variety of projects, Delnor employs a significant amount of long-term staff and have earned a sterling reputation for outstanding integrity in dealing with both clients and sub-trades. Our goal is to have clients for life and to repeatedly earn that business partnership. This means being their construction partner - from looking after the smallest projects to the most complex, we are committed to overseeing our client’s total construction needs.
Having skilled, motivated, and empowered employees is key; however, it is our retention of successful employees which has created stability, trust, and confidence with our clients and servicing sectors for decades, that makes us stand out.
This past year, Delnor was announced a 2019 winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program and selected as one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers that recognizes companies that offer the nation's best workplaces and forward-thinking human resources policies.
We are listed as one of Canada’s Top 40 General Contractors by The Leaders and On-Site publications in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and was awarded the winner of Alberta Ventures 2016 Contractor of the Year.