Project Director– our client requires a Project Director to a) Manage and execute an integrated plan to develop, deploy, and operate a suite of services that enables community-based care providers to exchange patient health information with different health-based and primary care IT systems. Resource will work with executive management to develop and execute the integrated project plan and supporting contracting and financial model.
The successful resource will apply their knowledge and experience of healthcare systems and healthcare stakeholders in Alberta to proactively identify potential impacts and issues throughout the project lifecycle, and engage key stakeholders in formulating recommendations for mitigation or remediation plans.
Mandatory Requirements Include:
- 10 years demonstrated experience in project management and coordination of government and IMT vendor initiatives.
- 8 years demonstrated experience working in the health industry and knowledge of business practices, information, data and technology requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and/or monitoring contractual arrangements with IMT vendors. (4 contracts)
- 5 years demonstrated knowledge of Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK) tools and techniques
- 5 years demonstrated experience in a role contributing to the development or implementation of provincial Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems similar to Alberta Netcare or Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems and services similar to those used by community-based physicians in Alberta.
- 5 years demonstrated experience working in a role working with community-based physicians (general practitioners and specialists) in the development and maintenance of either clinical or business information systems.
- Demonstrated success creating and maintaining collaborative relationships with key stakeholders at senior levels of the organization.
Desirable Requirements Include:
- 5 years demonstrated experience with Alberta Netcare/ provincial Electronic Health Record environment and capabilities.
- 5 years demonstrated experience working with or knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems and services similar to those used by community-based physicians in Alberta.
- 3 years demonstrated experience leading a healthcare project or initiative of similar size and complexity, specifically targeting primary and/or community based care.
- University degree or technical diploma in computer science or related business discipline.
- 3 years demonstrated knowledge and experience with the contents and application of the Alberta Health Information Act.
- 3 years demonstrated experience in a role in developing and managing IT contracts with a value equal to or exceeding $500,000.
Est. Start Date: Mid-Jan, 2020
Est. Duration: till Jul 31, 2022 + 1 pos. 1-year extension
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posting #: 53521PRJDIR
Intellex is one of the largest IT recruitment firms in Edmonton and has clients throughout Western Canada. Intellex is on the preferred vendors list of various organizations and have many exclusive opportunities. Since 1996, Intellex has established itself as the source for providing quality consultants to both private and public sectors. Our clients and consultants are supported by our internal staff who are experienced in both Information Technology and staffing. We are known for our responsiveness to the needs of consultants and our clients. Give us a call and experience it yourself or visit our website at www.IntellexSystems.com
Unless otherwise specified, ONLY candidates located in Canada or USA, and eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship will be considered.
For more information about Intellex, this, and other opportunities, please see our website at http://www.IntellexSystems.com. You can also register at our site to receive opportunities by e-mail. If you are interested in any of the above positions, please submit your resume in Word or RTF format quoting posting #(s) above.
Keywords: Senior Delivery Manager, Senior Delivery Management, Intermediate Delivery Manager, Intermediate Delivery Management, Delivery Manager, Senior Consultant, Senior Manager, Program Coordinator, Program Manager, Program Management, Project Manager, Project Director, Project Coordinator, Project Management