Project Director, Signaling Projects (USR0007)
$140,592 - $197,831 CAD
20 Bay Street, Toronto, ON Canada.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply - please submit your application on our careers page. https://secure.metrolinx.com/secure/en/careers/current_opportunities.aspx
We will not be accepting any applications by email.
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Our Union Station Rail Corridor office is seeking a Project Director, Signaling Projects to provide strategic leadership and direction for the design, development, and execution of signalling capital infrastructure projects encompassing the GO rail corridors with the objective of building a comprehensive regional rapid transit network to meet the corporate mandate and business objectives while adhering to Metrolinx’s highest standards for safety, efficiency, and legal/regulatory/policy compliance, while delivering excellent customer experience.
What will I be doing?
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership and direction to the project delivery team to deliver large-scale signalling capital railway infrastructure projects throughout the GO rail corridors.
- Oversee safety of the projects and implement a focused safety culture within the team
- Support the delivery of the business KPI’s. Provide strategic and tactical leadership to the USRC Program for all signalling and communications.
- Oversee the project delivery team and the signalling contractor through commissioning and future modifications of a major interlocking. Oversee the project delivery team and the signalling contractor for a new dispatch system for the GO Network.
- Lead the strategic project planning for future signalling projects, including, design, staging, and tendering of commuter rail infrastructure that integrates and expands into the overall USRC program
- Coordinate the delivery of signalling projects encompassing design, construction, commissioning, and deployment into operational service in accordance with Metrolinx standards, technical standards, corporate project management standards, procedures, controls and environmental requirements to minimize the impact on service and to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Oversee the technical advisors associated with the Signalling programs.
- Provide the technical capability to ensure direction to the contractors is in the best interest of the organization to move the associated projects forward safely.
- Provide integration oversite of signalling projects to other programs with the USRC.
- For all assigned signalling programs oversee the technical, financial, schedule aspects of the program. Provide senior leadership oversight of strategic plans and design and construction activities for adherence to regulatory codes, processes, and protocols.
What skills & qualifications do I need?
- Completion of a degree in Engineering, or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ progressively senior project management experience in the rail transportation industry with direct involvement in providing senior leadership and direction in the design, development, and execution of signaling projects.
- Stakeholder management skills and experience would be considered as asset.
- Valid Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) license recognized by the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) is an asset.
- Familiarity with relevant legislation (e.g. Metrolinx Act, Places to Grow Act, Planning Act, Revised Statutes of Ontario (RSO), Municipal Act) is an asset.
- Knowledge of legal/regulatory requirements governing passenger rail services, including qualification (or ability to become qualified) under Canadian Railway Operating Rules (CROR)
- Health, safety, and environmental legislation and codes effecting the public, employees, contractors and facilities (e.g. Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Environmental Protection Act, Weeds & Pesticides Act, associated regulations, building codes, fire codes, electrical safety codes) to monitor and manage employees and contractors, including experience in the application of collective agreement provisions
- Experience in delivery of Signaling projects, including experience in the commissioning of major signalling projects
- Managing external contractors/partners would be considered as asset.
- Interpersonal and oral/written/presentation and negotiation skills to negotiate contracts, monitor legal, regulatory, and procedural compliance, direct construction activities, and participate in committees
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online through the Current Opportunities page (http://www.metrolinx.com/en/aboutus/careers/current_opportunities.aspx).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER