Arcadis Canada is currently searching for a railroad Project Engineer – Wastewater/Environmental Engineering with a minimum of 10 years’ experience, to join our Rail team serving all 7 Class I railroads; but in particular Canadian Pacific and Canadian National in Canada.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a project engineer to be a key leader in our growing team and work directly with our Rail clients and make a clear and present difference for our clients, our team, and your career. The role has is a tremendous opportunity for the Project Engineer that is or would like to expand their career into Project Management and Client Development (Seller/Doer). Location in our Toronto or Calgary offices are the preferred, but position location within Canada is open and grade level depending on experience level.
Our team helps clients achieve business objectives by creating and implementing innovative and effective solutions using state-of-the-art practices and technologies. This position is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual with the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges, and concepts, to join our team and lead the design and implementation of wastewater systems and environmental engineering project for our Rail clients. The successful applicant will utilize their experience and expertise to successfully lead design of railroad wastewater and environmental engineering throughout North America; and Canada in particular.
Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and performing the development of wastewater/environmental projects as a Project Engineer, leveraging the candidate’s experience in, wastewater collection system, pump/lift station, and water/wastewater treatment facility engineering and environmental engineering including investigations, studies, analysis, designs, and construction administration services.
- Leading and managing the planning, design, and construction administration of projects to ensure compliance with contracts, drawings, specifications, codes, statutes, rules, and regulations, as well as Arcadis quality and safety practices.
- Communicating with project teams, establishing goals and objectives, and scheduling and coordinating resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
- Providing technical expertise on multi-disciplined projects as design leader.
- Proficient at the development of detailed plans and specifications.
- Leading, Supervising and supporting the work of others while mentoring junior level technical staff.
- Strong Project Engineering experience including at least 5 years of demonstrated experience leading small to large sized, multi-disciplined, water and wastewater or Environmental Engineering projects
- Strong team leadership experience including technically leading overall project delivery expectations, prioritizing tasks, and mentoring.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Client facing skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong Client facing skills.
- Prior Railroad Experience
- 10 years of relevant water or wastewater experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field of study.
- Professional Engineer in one or more Canadian Province.
- Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field of study.
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
From coast to coast, the beauty of Canada is undeniable, as is its place among the world’s strongest economies. Arcadis helps balance the needs of smart growth for private and public-sector clients in some of the country’s largest business sectors. Our Natural Resources group, including oil and gas and mining, delivers technical and scientific expertise throughout the industries’ lifecycles. We partner with all our commercial clients to boost productivity, increase sustainability and mitigate risks. Federal and provincial government projects include many stakeholders, from indigenous peoples to landowners and area residents, and we bring the consulting expertise to move projects forward with efficiency and consensus. Arcadians are encouraged to innovate, apply emerging technologies and participate in global learning development opportunities that help us deliver groundbreaking and transformative solutions to our clients. Join us as we work to improve quality of life in Canada.