Client ID: 303927
On behalf of our client in the Retail Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Project Engineer.
Project Engineer – Job Description
- The Supply Chain Projects team is looking for a Project Engineer to focus on the Engineering and material handling equipment (MHE) components.
- The Supply Chain Projects team works on strategic initiatives across all banners, finding the right solution for our stakeholders.
- This role is accountable for project managing the MHE, technology and other related elements of our projects through each of the project phases, ensuring a successful design and implementation.
- The successful candidate has expertise in the latest fulfilment technologies and automation, MHE trends and designs and will partner with our stakeholders and vendors ensuring appropriate solutions are selected, designed and implemented to optimize efficiencies, eliminate waste and decrease costs for our stakeholders.
- Continually improving our existing automation is also a critical element of the role and you will collaborate with cross-functional teams and vendors to resolve process or equipment engineering concerns.
- This position will provide you with the opportunity to apply and develop your project management, engineering and MHE skills, working with a highly skilled and experienced project team.
- Engage, collaborate and build lasting relationships with project team, key stakeholders and vendors to enable effective teamwork in selecting, designing and implementing the right solution based on agreed specifications.
- Determine project scope, define requirements, benefits, feasibility and cost and time estimates
- Participate in the selection of vendors and provide input into the negotiations of the contracts as well as maintain the contracts through the project life cycles
- Plan and implement solutions for all equipment installations and continuous improvement initiatives such as Good to Person systems, AGV applications, ASRS and conveyor systems and racking installations, etc.
- Execute standard project management best practises such as detailed planning, issue resolution and reporting
- Trouble shoot and resolve multi-dimensional problems related to design, testing, installation and modification of equipment, processes or structures
- Review and validate vendors and consultants’ designs
- Support the prototyping of concept solutions
- Develop, document and direct equipment testing, troubleshooting and verification of procedures
- Partner with vendors and consultants in developing solutions to Supply Chain requirements
- Collaborate with vendors and consultants in development of automated controls for accessing and monitoring changes to all automation and robotic programs and reporting systems
- Work with operations and maintenance employees to transition new technology, automation and robotics ensuring effective readiness and use in the operation
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technology
Project Engineer – Mandatory Skills
- Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or manufacturing engineering
- 4 + years industry experience in researching, designing and implementing automated material handling systems and robotics within a Distribution Centre concept
- Comprehensive experience working with and executing project management best practices and tools
- Proven technical proficiency in warehouse control systems and mechanical elements
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of engineering principles and proven problem solving and follow-up skills in resolving process or equipment engineering concerns
Project Engineer – Nice to Have Skills
- P.ENG certified or working towards it is a definite asset
Project Engineer - Assignment Start Date
ASAP – 12 months to start
Project Engineer - Assignment Location
Brampton, ON – Work Remotely