Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Project Engineer to join our team in Mississauga, ON. If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Pension plan with company match
- Opportunity for fast advancement and career growth
- Manage capital projects from inception through to commissioning, including development of working budgets / timelines, tracking of costs / schedules / resources against project parameters and reporting on status.
- Develop technical specifications for RFPs related to processing equipment, material handling equipment and related facilities improvements.
- Conduct feasibility studies to help evaluate solutions to problems or improvement to existing systems
- Solicit proposals from and negotiate with suppliers and contractors to establish and administer project related contracts.
- Provide technical engineering support for approved equipment and facilities upgrade / improvement initiatives.
- Provide technical engineering support for all affiliate branches, including investigating / evaluating technical problems related to plant processing equipment on behalf of, or in conjunction with, Operations and Maintenance personnel.
- Ensure that projects are conducted in accordance with all applicable Codes, Regulations and Standards.
- Ensure that machinery safe guarding requirements are evaluated / assessed and satisfied.
- Coordinate services required for equipment commissioning, start-up, and training.
- Design modifications to and / or special purpose equipment for material processing and material handling.
- Prepare facilities and equipment layouts.
- Research new equipment and technologies.
- Work in support of other projects and initiatives led by or involving the Corporate Engineering department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Science or its equivalent
- Civil / Structural Engineering competency considered an asset
- Registered Professional Engineer considered an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation considered an asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in manufacturing / production environment
- Project engineering competency, leadership and strong technical capabilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment is essential
- Ability to travel as needed throughout North America
- Valid driver’s license and passport