Position: Project Engineering Specialist
Location: IRD Corporate Office 702-43rd Street East Saskatoon, SK
Who we are
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 39 years, IRD has diversified both from a market and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
Being a team member of IRD
Join our growing team!! For members of our talented team, IRD offers a comprehensive benefits package with employer-paid premiums, RSP matching, an ongoing commitment to training and monthly team building events organized by our wellness committee.
What does it mean to be a Project Engineer for IRD?
The Project Engineering Specialist is responsible for the project designs of IRD Intelligent Transportations System (ITS) solutions, and providing technical support to the project team for the implementation, delivery and commissioning of these systems in accordance with IRD standard procedures.
As the ideal candidate, you will have the opportunity to develop and produce projects that contribute directly to IRD customers, and on ITS systems and equipment installed around the world. IRD’s Project Engineering team collaborates with other IRD departments to act as an integrated core group delivering quality systems solutions to real-world projects on an international scale.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop project designs incorporating systems consisting of electrical/electronic/mechanical components, sensors, software, firmware and communications equipment to meet customer requirements and industry standards
- Produce project documentation including system designs, site layouts, power wiring, site termination drawings, equipment assembly drawings, project bills of materials and equipment installation drawings for commercial vehicle screening systems, weigh-in-motion systems and other ITS systems
- Program and configure equipment for projects and perform factory and field testing for support of the installation, calibration, integration, testing, training and commissioning for projects and R&D activities
- Support IRD Project Managers in meeting project schedules for engineering work and material budgets
- Provide support for and coordinate with Purchasing, Manufacturing, Product Development and Systems Engineering from component selection and procurement through equipment assembly and system testing
- Assist with reviews of customer project specifications
- Support the ITS Solutions team with estimates and preliminary designs for proposals
- Support the operations and maintenance of customer systems
- Travel to customer sites to assess, support and commission projects as up to 6 weeks per year
What do we look for?
- Be a cooperative problem-solver with logical decision-making and critical thinking abilities who is eager to help provide solutions and support of others as a common goal on IRD projects
- Desire to provide hands-on technical experience for IRD projects that can be deployed around the globe
- Motivated personality with the ability to work well independently and within a team environment with diverse individuals in a complex and evolving environment
- Experience and proficiency working with Linux open-source ecosystems, networking, programming, PLCs, sensors and communication equipment
- Experience or exposure with construction industry philosophies, Lean Manufacturing methods and Quality systems in an ISO 9001:2015 business environments is beneficial
- Able to occasionally work flexible hours to accommodate working with team members in different time zones if required
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Engineering or Technology fields such as Electrical or Electronic Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering or Systems Engineering
- Demonstrated experience with CAD software and MS Operating Systems (MS Office)
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please indicate position ‘EN-PE0919’in your cover letter and subject line.