WHO YOU ARE
You are a determined and driven geologist who enjoys taking on big challenges and working in a tight-knit team to conquer them. You bring strong technical and analytical skills, and you are ready to utilize them to support the Senior Exploration Geologist in developing and implementing exploration programs for the Bathurst Mining Camp. You fit our company DNA smart, intuitive, tech-savvy, driven and agile, and you are keen to learn, grow and develop new skills. Above all, you are action-oriented and solutions-focused, you thrive in a fast-paced environment and you do what it takes to get the job done.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drill rig supervision.
- Drill core logging, geotechnical logging and sampling of drill core.
- Soil, rock and stream sediment sampling.
- Perform geologic mapping of surface and underground areas.
- Prepare and update drill hole database, maps of deposits and other exploration records.
- Integrate and interpret all geological data, assay and mineralogical data into geologic maps and internally consistent cross sections and level plans.
- Assist with geological modeling where required using Seequent Leapfrog.
- Generate exploration targets/concepts/exploration models in the Bathurst Mining Camp.
- Utilize geological, geophysical and geochemical survey data to support the development of additional targets within Trevali's exploration claims.
- Maintain health, safety and environmental standards while encouraging staff and contractors to improve their safe work practices and mindsets.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelor of Science in Geology, or any related discipline.
- +5 years' previous experience within an active exploration and/or mining environment.
- Solid understanding of geological settings, deposit models, and ore-forming processes.
- Proactive and positive go-getter with a can-do attitude.
- Agile; able to multitask, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Impeccable communication and organizational skills.
- Committed to enhancing safety, environment and community practices.
- Tech savvy and has hands-on experience working with digital logging, database entry and Seequent Leapfrog.
- Physically capable of lifting core boxes, rocks, and soil samples, as well as hiking for extended periods of time.
- Able to work well collaboratively within a team and willing to support and/or offer guidance and coaching as required.
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes and airborne particles.
- Work periodically may be in remote field conditions with a wide range of physical conditions and requiring interaction with diverse cultures and societies.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 70 pounds) during course of workday.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, or manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protections, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.