Presidia Security Consulting, headquartered in Canada’s Capital Region, is proudly Canadian owned, and operated by a veteran team with decorated careers on the frontlines of law enforcement, security and emergency management.
Our people have worked at the highest levels in criminal intelligence and counter-terrorism, at home and abroad. We have secured high-risk Canadian embassies, represented Canada with the U.S. Joint Forces Command, led international teams of investigators as part of NATO missions and commanded the Canadian Forces Military Police.
We not only understand the challenges and risks faced by corporate and government leaders, we have first-hand experience dealing with them ourselves. From leading small teams tasked with investigating sensitive matters or responding to specific threats, to overseeing a policing and security organization thousands strong, we have the unique perspective you need.
As a member of the ADGA Group, Presidia Security Consulting is a key contributor to ADGA’s Converged Security Solutions. This allows us to complement our core services with additional capabilities related to enterprise risk management, cybersecurity and electronic security systems.
You can trust that the service we provide is practical, cost-effective and tailored. We apply our collective skillsets to each and every project.
Our client has a requirement for a study into and report on the use of shipping documents during accidents involving dangerous goods/hazardous materials.
The objective of the study is to:
- Confirm the purpose and roles of the shipping document with First Responders
- Sample First Responders on potential complications and potential advantages of electronic shipping documents as an alternative to paper shipping documents
- Assess the use of the shipping document
- Identify the problems encountered by paper shipping documents and how they could be addressed by electronic shipping documents
- Identify potential complications and potential advantages of electronic shipping documents
- Assess the IT capabilities for First Responders to access information electronically
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related field
- Experience and knowledge regarding Transport Canada’s Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Directorate
- Experience and knowledge regarding the use of the shipping document during accidents involving dangerous goods/hazardous materials. As it pertains to the purpose and roles of the shipping document with First Responders
- Minimum 2 years experience in emergency response, emergency preparedness, hazardous materials, or transportation specific to at least one of the following:
- Public and stakeholder engagement
- Environmental scans that included options and recommendations for addressing gaps and vulnerabilities; and/or
- Strength Weaknesses Opportunities Threats (SWOT) analysis, or gap analyses