Royal Canadian Steel leading steel exporters in Canada located at 70 Titan Road, Brampton Ontario urgently require a Project Manager to take a lead role in the company’s project management and delivery. Must be actively engaged in the larger industry and have the ability to generate and implement ideas to improve the company’s marketability, sales and overall productivity.
Job Duties of this position include:
- Coordinate with overseas agents as need to support project shipments;
- Ensure that appropriate systems development and project management processes are being fully utilized;
- Provide input and act as the company’s top resource for all project import and export shipments;
- Develop processes and workflows to ensure high quality shipping experience for clients;
- Exposure to both project and procurement processes;
- Negotiate contracts with shipping companies, local carriers and vendors;
- Complete all costing for billing purposes;
- Strategically select carriers, routings and schedules to meet our company’s and project needs;
- Ensure adherence to all applicable company processes;
- Direct and plan meetings with vendors, Shippers and supply chain to ensure project coordination from a logistical perspective;
- Lead and mentor staff on complex projects;
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risks;
- Collaborate with suppliers to meet project milestones and deliverables;
- Clearly define customer requirements and expectations;
- Liaise with the company’s departments/resources - sales, IT, legal, finance, operations and logistics;
- Develop business relations with new and existing clients;
- Responsible for the company’s overall project planning, scheduling, budgeting and quality control management;
Desired Experience and Skills
- 5-10years managerial experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Dedicated commitment to providing timely customer service and assistance to clients;
- Strong management, leadership and negotiating skills;
- Initiative, flexibility and a positive attitude;
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainly and changing priorities;
Job Type: Permanent, full time position.
Salary: $24 per hour for 30-35 hours per week.
Overtime applies after 44 hours per week @ 1.5 times the wage.
Education: Completion of Secondary school; University degree or College diploma in business administration will be an asset.
Language Requirement: English both verbal and written.
To be considered for this position please email resume to email@example.com
Strictly no phone calls please.