Project Manager - Grid
Our client is partnered with an online grocery retailer to provide automated inventory management systems. They are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead the installation of aluminium grid structures for a highly automated material handling and conveying systems. This is a 12 to 18-month project in Vaughan, Ontario.
- To become fully familiar with all aspects of grid construction being instrumentally involved with the site installation process.
- To coordinate Client and Subcontractor supplied grid components assisting the Company Logistics manager to maintain an inventory of all components received on site.
- Liaison with the Client delivery team, Company Logistic manager and the subcontractor to receive, check and store components within the subcontractor’s site storage facility.
- Oversee subcontractor’s assurance process that components received are within specification.
- To swiftly report any missing items, or items not meeting project specification and subsequently implementing quarantine arrangements and materials return.
- Act instrumentally in issuing conforming materials to the subcontractor and facilitate their movement from site storage facilities to the installation working face.
- Manage and monitor the subcontractor’s survey and set out of the grid installation and subsequently verify that installation tolerance is achieved with supporting QA documentation.
- Manage and monitor the subcontractor’s installation and enforce any mandated quality assurance process in connection with the installation.
- Ensuring prescribed testing and commissioning is undertaken and that all drawings / test certificates / as-builts are retained for the Clients handover / Health and Safety file.
- Advise the Subcontractor on the need for temporary works
- Ensure the Subcontractor’s operations are carried out in accordance with the Company way Safety Guidance at all times.
- Undertake weekly Site Safety Audits on a rota basis.
- Routinely interface with the Company Peripherals Project Manager in determining setting out coordination for Peripherals installation
- + 5 years construction site experience – structural steel / aluminium construction an advantage.
- Degree preferred but trade background considered.
- CSCS Card and 5-day SMSTS preferred.
- Working at Height / MWEPS training an advantage
Please send all qualified resumes to:
Modern Technical Staffing Inc.