PROJECT MANAGER (PROJECT SPECIALIST)
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Project Manager, (Project Specialist), in our Project Management Department. The successful candidate will have post-secondary education preferably in Business or Science related fields, a minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience and one to three years of relevant experience in Pharmaceuticals or the Biotechnology industry. The ideal candidate will have solid leadership and interpersonal skills, be results oriented, and have the ability to comprehend detailed and complex technical, financial and contractual issues. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
The Project Manager leads diverse projects involving cross-functional teams focused on the successful completion of new or existing projects. This will include development of plans, providing direction of schedules, and monitoring budgets and spending. In addition, the Project Manager will lead the project/program from initiation through completion. The Project Manager organizes interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/program on schedule and within budget constraints.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the management of project(s):
- Manages single or multiple complex projects.
- Develop project plan documents including Technical Baseline, Risk Management Plan and Gantt charts to meet long-term project goals. Identify, report, and document changes to the project.
- Build and lead cross-functional project teams to implement the project plan to achieve project deliverables, timelines, and budgets.
- Manage the contractual, technical and financial requirements of each project with general instructions
- Monitor and manage day-to-day aspects of project and scope, including regular meetings, minutes and reporting with general supervision.
- Review and evaluation of deliverables prepared by the project team, lead communication and delivery to the sponsor/client and is responsible for resolving difficult problems to meet the deliverables.
- Lead the cross-functional teams to identify project issues and the development of risk mitigation strategies and implementation plans; recognize problems, evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions.
Responsible for the financial aspect of the project:
- Manage and monitor project budgets and/or revenues, including reforecasting.
- Review the appropriate financial reports to identify and report any variances.
- Monitor the scope of the projects and identify and report on potential changes that may have an impact to quality, time or cost.
Responsible for regular effective project reporting to Senior Managers and internal and external sponsors/clients:
- Develop and deliver engaging, informative and well-organized presentations.
- Provide regular updates and recommendations on the project status, including milestones achieved, mitigation plans for identified delays or risks, and changes in project scope and project financials.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of post-secondary education, preferably in Business or Science related fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience and one to three years of relevant experience in Pharmaceuticals or Biotechnology industry is preferred.
- Solid leadership and interpersonal skills, combined with strong written and presentation skills, and the ability to negotiate and positively influence peers in multiple disciplines are requirements.
- Must be results oriented, flexible, demonstrate a significant level of initiative, and have the ability to comprehend detailed and complex technical, financial, and contractual issues.
- Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
- Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
Interested? Please visit Success Factors under careers to apply today!