LOOKING for a Senior Project Manager (Infrastructure) to lead and manage the implementation of Microsoft365 and Azure projects.
Location: Ottawa (remote to start)
Duration: two years
Security clearance: Enhanced or eligible to attain
- University degree in Computer Science or Business or equivalent education and work experience.
- Certification in project management.
- Minimum of 10 years of related business experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of direct work experience in enterprise technology infrastructure project management, including all aspects of the system development lifecycle, process development and execution.
- English is essential. Bilingualism (English & French) is an asset.
- Recent experience in leading and managing Microsoft 365 and Azure foundational infrastructure projects.
- Leading projects with a significant enterprise technical change
- Strong understanding of vendor management principles
- Strong understanding of business analysis methods.
- Strong understanding of Digital Transformation and Microsoft DevOps
- Strong project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of IT applications/systems and tools.
- Strong knowledge of IT governance processes and principles
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Office suite and Visio.
- Excellent persuasive, encouraging, and motivating skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Scrum or Agile certification considered an asset.
- Leads and manages the implementation of Microsoft 365 and Azure foundational projects by defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with key management personnel and stakeholders, determining the technical requirements/specifications for the internal client and participates in the prioritization and planning of IT department projects.
- Set and effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion and liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Plan, define and schedule project timelines, success criteria and milestones using appropriate tools, track project milestones and deliverables, and determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals and submit budget proposals to secure investment, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end, including post go-live support, develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents, and delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path, and develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to all levels of personnel regarding system related issues.
- Build relationships with business partners and IT support groups.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Lead project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.