Our client is seeking a senior Project Manager. In this role, you will bring your deep experience in software development projects and versatile skillset in leading technical projects, managing people, collaborating with vendors and managing relationships with stakeholders and vendors. As part of our dynamic and collaborative team you will play a key role in delivering a range of software engineering projects of high complexity, including multi-team / multi technology projects, that improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, or enhance service to the business and customers. You will collaborate effectively with cross-functional business and technology leaders across the organization to solve problems and implement new solutions.
- Manage a variety of software engineering projects as assigned, potentially including the management of more than one project at a time
- Engage with business sponsors and other stakeholders to define overall project scope and objectives. Provide project leadership and vision; formalize processes, procedures and quality control measures; develop and manage project resource plan and project dependencies
- Create and Manage project schedules and budgets to ensure project completion is on time, on budget and within scope.
- Identify potential risks and establishes communications and risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor implementation efforts to ensure that business risks are identified, and solutions are recommended
- Partner with Director and peers to resolve cross-functional project issues
- Lead cross-functional or multi-team effort, including work completed by external partners and vendors
- Manage stakeholder and project team expectations and ensures that the deliverables align to business needs
- Support organizational change management efforts, related to assigned projects or otherwise
- Minimum of 8 years prior project management experience, including large or complex software engineering projects
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Administration or related field
- P&C Insurance experience is strongly preferred
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) an asset
- Demonstrated experience with system implementations
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies and software development practices, including Scrum, SAFe, and experience with JIRA.
- Demonstrated experience in a large-scale IT program delivery environment
- Demonstrated formal and informal people leadership skills
- Vendor relationship experience with software vendors and System Integrators
- Experience with and understanding of leading practices in project management and process improvement
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and strong influencing capabilities
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
120,000 - 120,000 /year