Career Opportunity – Project Manager, Water – Infrastructure NOC (0711)
Graham is a growing, dynamic and innovative construction solutions provider with history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you’ll be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You’ll also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We rank among Canada’s largest construction companies, are a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and are seeking top tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you’re eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner, Graham is the place for you.
As a member of our Infrastructure group, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various infrastructure projects, such as: roadways, highways and interchanges; bridges and overpasses; water and wastewater treatment facilities; transmission lines; general/public transportation including airports, seaports and light rail transit lines (LRTs); and conventional and alternative power generation like wind farms and district energy facilities. You will also further hone your skills operating under various delivery methods including Design-Build, P3 (Public-Private Partnership), Construction Management and IPD (Integrated Project Delivery).
This person should be comfortable with infrastructure projects 25 Million plus including water and waste water, transportation, renewable energy and municipal. The person should have experience working for a major contractor.
As Project Manager, Water at Graham you will:
- Collaborate with Preconstruction in preparing, revising, and monitoring information regarding reports related to costs involved in developing the project's budget.
- Manage the sub-contracting process, which includes facilitating initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed processes, developing subcontract scopes of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process.
- Direct the process of determining the quantity of budget estimates/deliverables to the client.
- Hire key personnel and subcontractors for the project.
- Manage the project administration and daily operations, escalating issues as necessary.
- Responsible for a timespan of control of up to 10 months for their project(s).
- Manage the project schedule, milestone dates, and ensure that close-out checklists are prepared and maintained during the project lifecycle.
- Maintain relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key project personnel to verify that materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when required.
- Review performance standards and metrics by which the team will be measured against.
- Monitor the change management process which includes: identifying change events, submitting change notices, pricing and tracking change work, optional changes in project scope, and negotiating change orders with clients.
- Ensure that the project site and company assets are secure and maintain a safe and respectful working environment at all times.
To be Successful at Graham, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Civil or Structural Engineering Degree
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working at a General Contractor on waste water treatment plant projects valued at minimum $25 Million
- Must have at least 5 years of experience working at a General Contractor on infrastructure projects with demonstrated ability to: identify change events; submit change notices, pricing and tracking change work; optional changes in project scope; and negotiating change orders with clients. Manage the project schedule, milestone dates, and ensure that close-out checklists are prepared and maintained during the project lifecycle.
- Strong leadership ability with highest ethical standards
- Microsoft Office experience (Project, Word, Excel)
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, engineering, estimating, scheduling and safety)
- English fluency required
This position will be located in our Calgary Operations office
10909 - 27th Street S.E. Calgary, AB, T2Z 3V9
and Vancouver Operations Office
7216 Brown Street, Delta BC, V4G 1G8
Compensation and Benefits:
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada for anyone other than the current employer.
- This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, permanent role.
- Competitive salary ($91,728.00 to $110,000.00) with a potential of an annual bonus, and potential of annual merit increase.
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan.
- Possibility of relocation assistance
- Possibility of company truck or vehicle allowance provided
- Ownership and long term equity opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and submit your application online at http://careers.grahambuilds.com/
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6