Hiring a Property Accountant - 6 months contract - $28- $36/ hour - Toronto
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a Property Management Firm. This will be a 6 months contract. The candidate will be working from their Toronto Office (Yonge and Bloor).
Your new role
- Responsible for the property accounting duties including: tenant recovery calculation, NOI analysis, recovery analysis and account reconciliation.
- Set-up and maintain tenant recovery schedules.
- Prepare, process final year end-billings to tenants.
- Preparation of annual property level budgets and forecast.
- Liaise with property staff, leasing staff, and other departments to ensure they are receiving responsive service as well as provide assistance as necessary.
- Assistance of ad-hoc projects as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Preferred candidate would have (or be pursuing) an accounting designation.
- Minimum of 2-3 years business experience within real estate accounting and reporting; preferably retail /commercial property accounting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, combined with an approachable manner.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with excellent attention to detail.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Excel.
What you'll get in return
This position is offering $28.00 - $36.00 Per Hour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.