Powerful value delivered is much more than a tagline at Brandt. It’s our company-wide promise to help our customers succeed by empowering them with the outstanding performance of our people and the uncompromising quality of our products and services.
The Brandt Group of Companies continues to grow significantly in all lines of business and the Real Estate Development team is looking for an individual to support our growing portfolio. If you are a natural leader, a dynamic self-starter motivated to succeed, with strong experience in lease administration, as well as property reporting and financial analysis, this role is a great opportunity for you to join the Brandt Real Estate team.
The Property Administration Manager reports directly to the VP of Real Estate within the Real Estate Development team, and is responsible for overseeing and administering the property business plan for Brandt’s North American property portfolio.
Responsibilities of the Property Administration Manager are, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with appraisers and internal senior management, conduct annual lease review of related-party clients and provide recommendations to rental adjustments.
- Effectively communicate directly with Senior Management/Operations & Building Maintenance Manager/Owner Representatives on financial performance, property operations, staffing and tenant relations.
- Working with Senior Management, prepare business plan for vacant space and supervise 3rd party brokers to market vacant space at Brandt properties.
- Review property taxes paid for Brandt portfolio. Work directly with 3rd party consultant to proactively manage property tax appeals to minimize property taxes paid across Brandt portfolio.
- Prepare annual real estate operating budget for Brandt portfolio of assets.
- Analyze property financial statements (monthly/annually). Prepare robust management reporting with thoughtful variance analysis and insights for executive management review. Manage and confirm actual building revenues and expenses are within approved budget.
- Review 3rd party and related-party leases to ensure all terms and conditions of lease are strictly enforced and maintained. Ensure tenant billings and year-end adjustments are correct and recovered according to leases. Oversee tenants actual accounts receivable, reconcile with agreements.
- Oversee and maintain accuracy of master lease administration document. As needed, work with property owners and tenants to prepare lease renewal and new leasing documentation for executive approval.
- Working collaboratively with others on real estate team, prepare annual client/tenant survey. Review feedback from survey and effectively engage clients to develop a centre of excellence in property management. Identify improvements to property management process and developing efficiencies.
- In conjunction with the VP Real Estate, Facilities Manager, and Purchasing Group, tender, select and supervise service contracts.
- Ensure compliance with Brandt’s, and any other applicable regulations, codes, and laws.
- Contribute to, and work toward achieving Brandt Developments’ Work Plan.
- Supervise Property Administration staff.
- Represent Brandt Developments Ltd. at industry meetings and events and maintain effective community relations.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Communicate effectively and professionally - both oral and written.
- Work collaboratively with others, develop and sustain positive working relationships with senior management, contractors, and tenants. Have team-oriented approach.
- An individual needs to be professional, self-motivated and flexible.
- A natural leader who inspires staff to achieve performance goals.
- Demonstrate effective negotiation skills.
- Allocate one's time effectively, deliver results according to agreed timelines.
- Identify, evaluate and develop new ideas – with positive results.
- Analyze financial, legal and contractual problems and, provide solutions or recommendations.
- May need to work beyond normal working hours to be successful at this role.
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in commercial property management with proven experience directly leading others.
- University degree in Commerce or Business Administration. Preference will be given to candidates that have completed a professional designation; Canadian Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA, CMA, CGA, CA), or Real Property Administrator (RPA) from the Building Owners and Managers Institute International or Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation from the Real Estate Institute of Canada
- Must have superior financial skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle at all times.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft’s Office Suite; a working knowledge of Sage accounting system would be beneficial.