"At Timbercreek Communities we believe that apartments are more than bricks and mortar - they are an experience."
Started in 1999 with one small building in Oakville Ontario, we now manage a portfolio of over 200 multi-family residential buildings throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.
Timbercreek Communities takes pride in ownership and an active hands-on approach to how we manage our communities. We are committed to working together collaboratively with our team and community members to create better living experiences, operating with the strategy of being a “Great Place to Be” for our residents and team members.
Our Vision: “We create better living and working experiences together”.
Our Core Values:
- Great Place to Work
- Great Place to Live
- Ownership Mindset
- Community Focus.
- Ensure that a superior level of co-operation, service and support is provided to residents
- Promptly respond to resident issues and service requests
- Be available to residents for general inquiries about living in their suite, building and community
- Demonstrate excellent sales/leasing skills by minimizing vacancy (maintaining 100% occupancy)
- Show prospective residents available suites, process resident applications and lease agreements
- Oversee and coordinate all office administration, including ordering office supplies, organizing and maintaining filing system, email, phone calls and walk-in visitors
- Provide information to residents and ensures all resident concerns are acted upon in a timely manner
- Draft collection notices
- Monitor petty cash expenditures
- Ensure terms of the lease agreements are met and administer damages/security deposits and charges
- Provide Building Managers with lists of leases coming up for renewal
- Assist the Regional Manager on any pending projects and assignments
- Responsible for enforcing the terms of lease agreements, such as rent collection, rules and regulations, and following procedures of serving notices to residents
- Take in vacancy notices, review rent ready and vacancy reports, age receivables and rent roles
- Generate POs
- Attend hearings or be involved in hearings including creating files, preparing evidence and gathering back-up materials
- Processing all Capital Quotes, prepares Purchase Orders and includes in tracking sheet
- Any special projects as they arise
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the building (general maintenance and cleaning)
- Receives and schedules service requests
- Responsible for "move-in, move-out" procedures
- Assist in training on-site Team Members (Assistant Building Managers, Maintenance Associates and Cleaners) on operational procedures
- All other duties within the scope of the job, as requested by management.
- Assist and oversee Payscan process
- Review all rental applications, lease agreements or change in status forms to ensure they are complete and accurate and submit to lease administration at head office for entry
- Facilitate review of rent rolls and aged accounts receivables as required by head office
- Processing of all correspondence as required under local housing laws and regulations (i.e. N4's, L1's, Releve 4, etc.)
Education & Experience:
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- 3+ years of related experience in a customer service or related role
- Flexibility to work on-call on a rotating schedule (evenings & weekends)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi, Email, Internet)
- Exposure to multi-residential or other related industry asset class would be considered an asset
- WHMIS certification would be an asset
- Experience with Fire Life Safety & Building Inspections would be an asset
- Knowledge of current laws, legislation and rights concerning residents would be an asset
- Building/Property Maintenance experience would be an asset
- A commitment to "Best in Class" Customer Service
- A professional demeanor with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated high degree of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond to issues appropriately
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment
- Ability to remain calm and focused in high pressure situations
- Self-motivated individual with a "can-do" and "no task is too big or too small" attitude
- Superior organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
Timbercreek Asset Management Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All selected candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment criminal & background checks. Any offer of employment is conditional upon satisfactory results of all applicable checks. We thank all applicants for their submissions.