Schej Realty is a real estate subsidiary of Primacorp Ventures. Schej Realty manages a portfolio of commercial real estate in excess of 500,000 square feet spread throughout major markets in Western Canada. We are excited to announce that we are looking to add a Property Administrator to our team! We are open to new graduates who are enthusiastic about Real Estate and would like to work in multiple fields such as property management, leasing, and acquisitions.
The Property Administrator position assists the Real Estate department by providing administrative support in lease and property management. The Property Administrator is responsible for answering any tenant inquiries and maintenance requests, administrating all tenant documentations and correspondences including tenant insurance, leases, and rent, and assisting the Leasing, Property Management in special projects as required.
Specifically, the Property Administrator is responsible to:
- Be the first point of contact for tenant inquiries and maintenance requests and complete the relevant documents for such requests
- Provide administrative support in drafting and filing tenant documentation and scheduling appointments as meetings
- Provide administration support to the accounting team
- Assist in lease administration
- Other related duties as required
To be successful in the Property Administrator position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with emphasis in Real Estate, Commerce, Finance, Urban Land Economics, or related discipline.
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative role, property management administration or operations an asset
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A valid BC Property Management License an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task.
- Excellent judgment, problem-solving skills with ability to make appropriate decisions under pressure.
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and other job specific software.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand lease and standard contracts.
- A positive attitude and customer focused approach, ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with outside agencies and organizations.
- Proven self-starter and problem solver, willing to take initiative to ensure projects are well-coordinated from beginning to end and desired results are achieved, which may include work outside of regular work hours
- Ability to exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service.
- Willingness to be available to work days, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel throughout Canada to prospective markets and properties as required.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle an asset.