The Senior Proposal Specialist reports to the Director Proposal Development. Responsible for supporting the PDC Division to ensure the provision of the highest quality corporate proposals and to meet the goals and objectives as directed by the Executive/SMC.
Ensure that work is in accordance with the values of the Corporation: integrity, commitment, loyalty, confidentiality, working in an ethical and professional manner, building knowledge and acting in a responsible and equitable manner at all times.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing guidance and support to the Proposal Development Centre team (PDC)
- Taking a leading role in the proposal development team (including working in collaboration with Sales and Directors in the key aspects of the bid preparation activities).
- Responsible for the development/review/edit and submission of corporate proposal documents, ensuring compliance and quality.
- Write fully compliant qualifying documentation for proposed candidates/ resource matrices and resumes for qualification demonstration for use in ADGA proposals and for internal contract staffing requirements.
- Perform quality review on previously written resource qualifying documents.
- Coordinating all aspects of the proposal preparation process with the PDC Bid Coordinator and other members of the bid team, as required.
- With the Bid Coordinator, responsible for tracking review of matrices and technical proposals, updating RFP i.a.w. on-going amendments, updating templates iaw amendments, distributing the proposal and all relevant documents for Red Team review; maintaining version control over documents; and ensuring the delivery of the final product to the proper authority.
- Providing general assistance and guidance to other members of the team with respect to proposal development, preparation, formatting and scheduling, as required.
- Identifying and addressing any areas of concern, or incompleteness.
- Reviewing all documents for completeness, accuracy and presentation of material.
- Critical thinking and proactive approach is required in order to respond to tight but fluid deadlines.
- 5+ years experience in a proposal writing environment with increasing responsibilities and significant experience working on professional services IT/Security/Cyber or related proposals
- Current and/or previous experience working with Federal Government of Canada RFPs, RFIs, TAs etc.
- This position requires an organized individual with an excellent understanding of administrative procedures within a proposal department and proven work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to details, technical proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a requirement for this position.
- Ability to plan and coordinate activities for senior managers and multi-task with changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- It may be a requirement to work on multiple proposal simultaneously; excellent organizational qualities and the ability to work under pressure without compromising quality is essential
- College Diploma in technical writing or business administration or a related subject would be considered an asset. A combination of education or experience with the proven ability to perform the job tasks may also be accepted.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance
- Paid overtime
- Work-life balance (ability to work from home 2/3 days per week)
- Separate working space – our proposal department has their own accommodations just steps from the main office
- Support from proposal team, various roles to support as needed
- Ability to work on different types requirements