Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans.
Alberta Blue Cross has an excellent opportunity for a Prosthetic and Orthotic consultant to apply their knowledge and expertise to a variety of processes we have in place to meet the needs of our customers. The primary focus will be providing clinical and industry expertise to support the effective and efficient administration of prosthetic and orthotic benefits. This position will appeal to motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are looking for different ways to apply their superior communication and organizational skills in a non-clinical setting. Potential candidates must be able to work collaboratively and transparently with multiple stakeholders to assist with the administration of benefits. Alberta Blue Cross head office is in Edmonton, Alberta and we support remote work arrangements
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- The successful candidate must have education from an accredited post-secondary institution and a current practice permit from the applicable provincial regulatory body or professional institution
- Minimum of ten years’ experience as a registered orthotist or prosthetist working in the field.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of prosthetic and orthotic specialties.
- Ability to analyze clinical documents related to prosthetics and orthotics.
- Must have strong attention to detail and analytical critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft programs.
- Excellent customer and leadership abilities.
- Experience with health insurance and benefit claims would be considered an asset.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please send your resume to Melissa Orchuk at MOrchuk@ab.bluecross.ca