Proxy Voting Analyst - 7 Month Contract - Downtown Toronto
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a a leading pension company based in Toronto. We are looking to hire a Proxy Voting Analyst to join their team on a 7 month contract (until end of July 2019). This candidate will be working out of their downtown Toronto office.
Your new role
- Analyzing, processing, reviewing, and reporting on proxy votes for holdings to ensure votes are made in an informed manner consistent with the best interests of the pension plan
- Collaborating with portfolio managers to discuss research and solicit opinions on significant or contentious proxy matters
- Working closely with other areas within the company as necessary when proxy votes are escalated
- Maintaining familiarity with proxy voting platform supplied by an external provider
- Managing the day-to-day relationships with proxy voting advisory services
- Keeping current on available resources that they may use to fulfill proxy voting obligations
- Maintaining records of proxy voting and analyzing common themes and trends encountered in votes
- Responding to proxy-voting related queries
What you'll need to succeed
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years experience in a finance, law, or governance-related field
- Strong analytical and research abilities
- Highly organized
- In depth understanding of shareholder rights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What you'll get in return
This position is offering $20.00 - $23.00 per hour.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.