BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province’s most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 19, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
BCCH is a part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Psychologist (B) – Sunny Hill Health Centre, BC Children’s Hospital
Reference #: 80278
Regular, Part-Time (0.40 FTE)
Wage: $44.47 to $55.46
Hours of Work: 0830-1630
Work Days:Monday, Tuesday
3644 Slocan Street, Vancouver
Reporting to the Head of Psychology and Program Director, when applicable, and in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards of practice and guidelines, the Psychologist provides psychological services to assigned patients/clients with a variety of medical, developmental, behavioural, psychiatric and other problems. Contributes to departmental and organizational mandates and goals related to C&W’s role as an academic health centre.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Plans and organizes the provision of services for specified programs or patient group(s), in consultation with the Head of Psychology or designate and in collaboration with the Clinic/Program Manager/Director (if applicable).
- Participates in activities related to coordinating the inter-disciplinary team as required for the clinic/program service delivery.
- Coordinates and delivers a comprehensive range of psychodiagnostic assessments and treatment services such as cognitive, educational and social/emotional evaluations and psychotherapeutic interventions, including individual or group therapy, behaviour management, play psychotherapy, hypnosis, biofeedback, parent groups.
- Documents assessments, treatment plans and outcomes and advises other members of the treatment team.
- Functions as a primary Psychology contact for treatment teams, individuals or persons serving identified patient groups.
Education, Training and Experience
- Current registration by the College of Psychologists of British Columbia, or eligibility for registration.
- Training at the doctoral level in child clinical and/or developmental psychology, pediatric neuropsychology, or a closely related area.
- Recent related experience in women’s and/or children, adolescent, psychodiagnostic, clinical and/or health care environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to carry out duties in a timely fashion.
- Ability to establish priorities, develop/implement short-term and long-term objectives.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to teach and provide instruction.
- Proficiency in computer skills related to report writing and to recording and managing data.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile athttp://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job postinghas expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk email@example.com a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on BC Children’s Hospital please visit: www.bcchildrens.ca
For more information on what PHSA has to offer please visit https://jobs.phsa.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.