William Osler Health System (Osler) is a multi-site hospital system serving 1.3 million people in one of the fastest-growing and most culturally-diverse regions in Ontario.
With our new 2019-24 Corporate Strategic Plan, Going Beyond for Healthier Communities as our roadmap, we are shifting traditional thinking and re-imagining health care to help people live healthier lives, reduce chronic disease and improve access to care.
At Osler, we are committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in a fulfilling work environment that inspires our staff, physicians and volunteers to learn, innovate and grow. We are proud to be recognized, year after year, as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
Here you will work alongside a highly-committed and respected team that understands what it means to go beyond to meet the health care needs of our communities.
HOURS : Currently Days, including weekends and statutory holidays
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
Reporting to the Clinical Service Manager, the incumbent will provide assessment and treatment to patients with moderate to severe eating disorders using various treatment modalities. The incumbent will have the ability to develop and implement treatment groups for individuals as well as for their families.
- Psy.D. in Psychology
- Registration with the College of Psychologist of Ontario to work with children, adolescents and adults
- Recent experience with assessment and treatment of Eating Disorders and associated mental health disorders
- Experience in conducting groups
- Ability to act as a resource on Eating Disorder treatment to other professionals and assist with the coordination of the program
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting and to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Provision of psychological consultations to include assessment of personality and emotional functioning, Intellectual, cognitive and academic levels
- Demonstrated experience and desire to work within an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to provide staff education on understanding behavior pathologies and intervention techniques;
- Experience working within a health care setting is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in working well with community partners
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all management levels
- Superior interpersonal, analytical, oral and written communication skills
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.