Lifemark began over 20 years ago and is currently in a period of significant expansion. Born and bred in Canada, Lifemark has over 4,000 employees and provides services in over 225 physiotherapy clinics. In addition, Lifemark operates a Seniors Wellness division providing services to over 165 long-term care and retirement homes in Ontario and BC, as well as a homecare division operating under the Community Advantage Rehab brand. Lifemark is also a leading provider of Medical Assessments performing independent medical assessments across Canada under the Viewpoint brand.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Psychotherapist to join our growing team!
Location: Hamilton - Within a Lifemark clinic utilizing dedicated treatment rooms
Start date: As soon as possible
Schedule: 10-20 hours/week
Status: Independent Contractor
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, you will work with clients referred via insurance companies, legal firms and other third-party organizations to address psychological concerns related to injury and trauma, psychosocial factors in recovery, functional improvement, disability management and return-to-work planning.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in psychology
- Experience implementing CBT model for MVA, WSIB and Chronic Pain patients
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience in the treatment of emotional, cognitive and behavioural dysfunction
- Training and experience with cognitive behavioural therapy
- Experience working as part of a multi/interdisciplinary team
- Experience with challenging client groups with complex impairments preferred
- Access to vehicle to travel to different clinic locations
- Experience preparing assessment, progress and discharge reports
- Participates in team conferences to discuss clients’ treatment plan and goals, the progress made to date, and any barriers to treatment.
- Works closely with the interdisciplinary team, providing insights and strategies from a psychosocial perspective to enhance the broader treatment approach
- Psychological case management input and direction to interdisciplinary team members in regards to client progress, psychosocial barriers, conflict resolution and discharge planning, via attending case conferences, team meetings and clinical record-keeping.
- Those eligible for registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario, the College of Registered Psychotherapists
The opportunity to participate in assessment services is offered to qualified candidates. Individuals interested in registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario as a psychologist or psychological associate are encouraged to apply.
- Provides assistance to the Psychologist in the completion of initial psychological screens as well as comprehensive psychological assessments
- Reviews file documents and requests additional information as required
- Explains the purpose of assessment, limits of confidentiality, and obtains proper authorizations from client
- Conducts comprehensive clinical interview to determine current emotional/psychosocial functioning and appropriateness for treatment
- Administers psychometric testing and assists in interpretation
- Assists in analyzing assessment data, formulating conclusions and providing specific treatment recommendations
- Prepares a comprehensive report of findings within required time frames
Apply today! Please visit our website at www.lifemark.ca