Position: Clerk II
Department: Outpatient Rehabilitation Clerk- supporting Rapid Access Clinic & Work-Fit
Status: Part-time (must provide availability of up to a .8 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Saturday– 7.5 hours per day (hours are primarily 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. but hours are subject to change to meet operational needs, Saturday is a rotating shift)
Site: Oakville, Milton, and Georgetown (hours are primarily in Oakville however must be able to provide coverage ifrequired to the other sites)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
The Rapid Access Clinic at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital is a newerprogram andis located in the Outpatient Rehab Department of the North Building. The Clerk will be responsible for the daily registration and bookings,appointment coordination, order entry, flow and clerical data management to support the various functional clerical responsibilities of the Rapid Access Clinic and other areas within the Outpatient Rehab Program including specifically Work-Fit. Major responsibilities include collaboration with the program team in the coordination of patient scheduling according to the Ministry of Health (MOH) standards, ensuring clerical data reconciles with appointments and schedules to meet the needs of MOH Activity Level Reporting, working with Decision Support to ensure data is clean prior to submission to MOH, liaising with patients, managing and triaging referrals for the clinical teams in order to meet MOH wait time targets. Working closely with orthopaedic surgeons and theiroffices as well ascentral intake to ensure smooth transition of patients across their care journey.
This is what you’ll be doing:
The clerk will working with a multidisciplinary team consisting of Advanced Practice Practitioners, Orthopaedic Surgeons, Therapistsand other Clerical Staff.Front office clerical functions such as patient reception and registration, appointment bookings, processing of payments, filing, communication with physicians, staff, patients, and visitors as well as telephone enquiriesand other general office duties.
- Working in collaboration with the Outpatient Rehab team to ensure a high standard of quality patient care and experience is delivered
- Liaising and working with the Outpatient Rehab Manager to ensure clinic is hitting funding requirements
- Utilizes effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills in the ongoing promotion of quality care outcomes
- Participates in the unit orientation program for new staff
- Demonstrates strong prioritizing skills
- Performs other duties consistent with the job classification as required
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Office Administration diploma from a recognized collegerequired and/or
- Minimum of 1 year of recent clerical experience working in a comparable healthcare setting required
- Medical terminology certificate required
- Knowledge and experience in outpatient registration, scheduling, running statistics, ordering supplies is required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Must have fast and accurate data entry skills
- Experience using patient related databases, e.g. Meditech, Novari, HCAI
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently in a busy environment
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Able to diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must be available for shifts on short notice
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position including prolonged periods of sitting; standing; walking; and pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Date posted: May 7, 2020
Internal applications due by: May 14, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.