Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Surgical Program - PACU/Recovery Room
Note:Rotation through Surgical Daycare and PACU is required. Staff rotation is based on operational needs.
Status: Part-time (must provide availability of up to a 0.5 FTE)
Hours: Various rotating 7.5 hour shifts. Includes on call shifts (subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you will be doing:
- Assessment of patients to establish priorities and create a plan of care.
- Administration of medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician in accordance with established policies and protocols
- Educate patients and families about specific surgical procedures and the required care involved in such procedures both pre and post operatively.
- Educate patients and families on topics regarding health education and promotion across the continuum of care.
- Apply all aspects of the nursing process to the care of operative patients during their pre- op and post anesthetic phases in a professional manner within a multi-disciplinary team.
This is what you will need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire
- Current ACLS certification required at time of hire and on-going
- Critical Care or PACU Course required
- PEARS course highly recommended
- Previous PACU experience required
- Experience with arterialand central lines, epidurals and spinal anesthetics, PCA
- Problem solving abilities and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility
- Ability to function as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment
- Diplomacy, public relation and conflict resolution skills required
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and a strong knowledge of policy and practice standards
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary: $33.56 to $48.05 per hour
Date Posted: September 10, 2020
Internal applications due by:September 17, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your application via the HHS website www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
Selection of the preferred candidate(s)will be prioritized based on those whomeet the minimum requirements of the position.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.