As a Penske Maintenance Supervisor you will use your excellent communication, organization, and multitasking skills to engage your diesel technicians, maintain good morale among your team, and keep your customers happy. Regular duties include coordinating, scheduling and auditing of vehicle maintenance repairs to include preventative, mechanical and electrical repair to tractors, trucks and trailers.
You will be involved in the hiring, training, and ongoing development of vehicle maintenance technicians to ensure that our highly skilled workforce is able to meet customer expectations.
Preferred candidates will have at least 3+ years in fleet vehicle maintenance experience overseeing technicians. Minimally qualified candidates will have at least 3 years of team management in an environment with strong operational metrics. This is a great position to grow into a leadership role with Penske – and you don’t need to be a mechanic.
What we offer you:
- Modern and Clean Work Environment
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive Shift Premiums
- New Equipment and Technology from variety of suppliers/dealerships
- RRSP Program with Company Match
- Affordable Health & Dental Benefit Package
- Free Uniforms and Laundry Service
- Tool and Boots Allowance
- Vacation time + 11 paid statutory holidays + Paid sick days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity for Advancement Throughout the Company
- Partner’s discounts
- All new maintenance supervisors at Penske are enrolled in a training program to provide you with critical job skills, including vehicle componentry and maintenance technology. The training focuses on service department management, effectively leading associates and customer engagement.
Shift: Afternoons - Tuesday to Saturday 3pm to 11:30pm
- Prioritize and assign work to meet customers’ needs
- Ensure quality, compliance, and safety of Penske’s assets
- Control repair, inventory, and labor costs
- Meet and exceed customer satisfaction
- Coach and mentor technicians and CSRs
- Monitor associate work levels
- Facility management, assuring a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties and tasks as required by supervisor
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced and high energy environment
- 3-5 years fleet maintenance management experience preferred, or at least 3 years of team management in an environment with strong
- operational metrics.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Tech School degree preferred
- Strong customer service and organizational skills required
- Valid Driver’s License required, class G or class 5
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web based applications preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to employment reference checks.
committed to the principle of equity in employment - As part
of this commitment, Penske endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible
to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon
request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal
opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please
contact Sarah Karan Recruiter – Eastern Canada at (647) 671-6816 or email@example.com to
make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the
recruitment and selection process. This contact information is for
accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire
about the status of applications.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.