This is a one-year contract, with the possibility of being converted to permanent.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Supporting the creation and implementation of integrated public affairs plans that change public opinion and prompt government action
- Proactively monitoring, interpreting, and reporting on government activities – including the political, parliamentary, legislative, and regulatory landscapes
- Undertaking specific policy research activities in support of broader strategies and plans
- Preparing prepare written materials such as agendas, activity reports, stakeholder maps, briefing documents, presentations, submissions and leave-behinds, tailored for various audiences and platforms
- Coordinating arrangements for client engagement with government representatives and stakeholders, directly representing client interests where appropriate
- Working with teams to plan and execute virtual and in person events and meetings
- Overseeing or managing ongoing tracking and reporting on client activities and results
- Providing insight and intelligence to account leads that could advance a file or client issue
- Recommending strategies, messages and adjustments to client programs based on experience and feedback
- Fostering relationships and building trust with colleagues, clients, government, and stakeholders
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in a communications, public affairs, government or political role
- Post secondary degree in political science, public policy, communications, or similar program
- Outstanding written and presentation skills, bilingualism (oral and written French and English) is a considerable asset
- Excellent grasp of public policy issues, factors that influence government decision-making, and parliamentary, legislative and regulatory processes
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to clearly articulate complex content
- Superior project and time management skills with attention to detail, ability to prioritize and to deliver projects in spite of obstacles
- Creative thinking, initiative and problem-solving
- Curiosity, passion, and a keen interest in growing your skills and network
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation needs during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.