As an award-winning business, The Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre is currently seeking a Public Spaces Attendant to join our team.
What you can expect from us:
The Sun Peaks Grand culture encourages individual initiative combined with a collaborative approach to deliver the finest mountain resort experience for our guests. We value innovation and development that contributes both to business success and personal growth. We also know you have a life outside of work, and encourage work-life balance, including reaping the benefits of living in resort and the summer and winter activities the mountain has to offer.
With a 17-year-old history, the Sun Peaks Grand is the flagship hotel in Sun Peaks, offering an unparalleled guest experience, enhanced by a significant room renovation in 2018.
A sneak peek into some of the perks and benefits enjoyed by our Full-Time employees.
- Full access Winter/Summer Season Lift, Trail and Golf passes
- Dining discounts within our Hotel outlets
- Free access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program provided through Homewood Health
- Reciprocal programs with partnering hotels
- Friends and family hotel rates
- Continued professional growth and development opportunities
The Public Spaces Attendant is the heart of the operation as they work to elevate the guests’ lodging experience, ensuring that guest rooms and public areas are clean and welcoming for the guest. While positioned operationally behind the scenes, this role often has guest interactions and opportunities to promote a positive image of the property to guests by being friendly, professional and able to address problems or special requests. The experience of working on this team in a resort setting will open up opportunities of advancement internally and externally throughout the Tourism / Hospitality industry.
- Monitors and cleans the hotel public areas (Corridors, Washrooms, Lobbies, Stairwells, Health Club & Fitness area etc.) ensuring all surfaces are clean
- Cleans all surfaces of the upper and lower hotel back of house space hallways
- Removes refuge in public areas including the perimeter of the hotel and the Residences
- Cleans administrative areas including removal of waste, recycling and vacuuming
- Acts with professionalism and provides a service standard that elevates the guest experience
- Acts as an ambassador of the Hotel & Sun Peaks, as prompted by guests for direction and insight on internal and external events
- Delivers quality service when assisting guests with room amenities, cleaning, and additional hotel standard special requests as they relate to the guestroom stay
- Works as a dynamic team member with a focus on collaboration
- Demonstrates initiative and is accountable for performance / completion of daily assigned job tasks
- Knowledge of the responsibilities within a housekeeping department is an asset but not required
- Reliable and responsible person with team-based ethics
- Physical ability to bend, crouch, lift and be in motion for the majority of the shift
- Previous customer service experience is an asset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi task
- Is or has interest in working towards a career in the Hospitality / Tourism industry