Our client is a fast paced and growing food manufacturer based in the Fraser Valley region of British Columbia.
Due to growth and expansion, a new opportunity has come up for a talented buyer to join the team.
They have a need for a Buyer with thorough understand of purchasing practices and inventory management for assigned categories and the ability to communicate efficiently with internal and external customers.
- Create purchase orders based on Syspro MRP and manual department requisitions
- Check all purchase orders for accuracy and completeness and follow up with vendors to ensure due dates are met.
- Review vendor acknowledgements for agreement with purchase orders and alert Senior Buyer of any discrepancies; price, additional charges, MOQ, lead time, etc.
- Follow-up or expedite orders as requested based on needs of production schedule
- Work with warehouse team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any shorts or missing products
- Work with warehouse team to ensure materials are on hand for assigned categories as well as manage pallet spots.
- Reconcile usage of materials in production as well as inventory adjustments and ensure no issues with next scheduled runs
- Assist the Senior Buyer with maintaining proper inventory levels of materials including safety stock
- Be a back up to the Senior Buyer when on vacation
- Be a contributor in daily/weekly scheduled meetings providing updates on materials
- Follows all purchasing procedures and interpret to departments
- Participate in local and company-wide process improvement initiatives
- Other responsibilities as required
· Intermediate to advance Excel and Syspro software (PO and MRP) experience
· 2 to 3 years of purchasing or buying experience
· Food industry experience an asset
· Good organizational skills
· Clear verbal and written English skills
· Knowledgeable in reporting, inventory, and POs
· Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
-2 to 3 years in purchasing experience and inventory management including reconciliation
-Knowledge of Excel and Syspro software (PO and MRP) a must