Department: Food Services
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: Monday to Friday, Days, 7:30AM-3:30PM(Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
Site: Oakville with travel to MDH & GH is required
This is what you’ll be doing:
Successful candidate is a member of the team in Clinical Nutrition & Food Services working with the Director, Managers, Supervisors at all sites and staff ensuring theavailability of adequate food supply for the provision of Patient Food Services. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for daily food and supply orders based on pre-determined quotas. Youwill collect, assess and enter food purchasing requirements into Computrition. The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing daily inventory processes, ordering processes andstorage locations. You will ensure that all work practices are in keeping with Hospital, Departmental and legislated standards. (ie.HACCP, PublicHealth, Food Premises Act, Canadian Food Inspection Agency)
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Diploma in Food & Nutrition Managementpreferred
- Canadian Society of Nutrition Management Membershippreferred
- Advanced Food Safety Certification required
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting required
- Previous experience workingin afoodservice environment preferred (Acute Care)
- Experience in large scale food production and meal service required
- Excellent time management skills and proven initiative
- Must be self-directed with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient use of computer for data entry
- Experience using Food Service Management systemrequired (Computrition)
- Experience with vendor ordering software preferred
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be able to effectively prioritize tasks
- Self motivated, work independently, and integrate well as a team member
- Knowledge of WHMIS, Food Safety Standards and Food Premises act required
Date Posted:July 14, 2020
Internal applications due by:July 21, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.