Title: Purchasing Manager
Employer Name: A&A Holz Inc.
Work Location: 3149 Thunderbird Crescent Burnaby, BC V5A 3G1
Wage: $42.5 per hour
Benefits: 2 weeks vacation pay
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full-Time. 30 hours per week
A&A Holz Inc. was founded in July 2015 and our main business is kitchen cabinetry & millwork manufactory. After ten years as a kitchen designer, Eileen Wu joined to remake A&A Holz into a kitchen designer’s cabinet supplier. Her business model focuses on you, the designer or contractor installer.
Many of her team members have 30 plus years of experience. They constantly draw on their experience and seek new technology to enhance the value all of our products and follow-up service to exceed your expectations. Our Mission at A&A Holz: To drive a win-win business model and offer Affordable Quality products with a great service.
A&A Holz Inc. is looking for a driver Purchasing Manager to join its management team. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of A&A Holz Inc. and implement changes to improve efficiency and cost savings
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment and supplies
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Communicate with vendors to develop and maintain relationships as well as ensure the availability of goods for item needs for all departments including the storeroom inventory.
- Improved profits by reducing cost through steering items to preferred vendors and sourcing alternative items locally eliminating freight cost.
- Review and negotiate all company annual contracts.
- Analyze pricing proposals and provide all quotes for estimating
- Prepare, update and follow up on all purchase orders to ensure material is delivered on time.
- Work with operations and planning to maintain low inventory levels
- Serve as liaison with operations, quality assurance and vendors to identify defective goods and determine corrective action.
- Hire, train and supervise purchasing and logistics staff
- Perform other related duties as required
- 5+years of related work experience as a purchasing manager in Purchasing Department
- 5+ years’ experience managing/leading a team
- Education: College Diploma or higher
- Personal Suitability: Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills. Must be comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
If you are interested in our goal and vision of excellence, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
2 weeks vacation pay