Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
We are currently looking to fill several Python developer positions across the firm. From Python architecture specialists to Python infrastructure developers to big data and complex software written in Python, if you are serious about Python this is the place to be!
Whether you have only a few years of experience and just getting your feet wet or if you are a subject matter expert we will have a team of technical experts looking at your resume and, should it correspond to an internal need, engage with you on your particular strengths and interests.
With over 1500 professionals working together, the Morgan Stanley office in Montreal is by far the largest in Canada. We are almost exclusively staffed by technology specialists, representing a solid footprint in a web of technical expertise that spans the globe: from Glasgow to Shanghai through cities as diverse as Budapest, London, Mumbai, New-York and Tokyo.
With close to 80% of our solutions being developed for internal customers, we have a unique technological environment that features a great mix of different approaches. From legacy systems to cutting edge solutions, DB2 and Sybase to Greenplum, Python, C++, C# and Java to Scala, Hadoop and machine learning, we come from a diverse ecosystem and we are looking for curious, engaged and diverse technology enthusiasts.
Are you actively looking? Maybe you are just curious to see if there is a better opportunity out there?
Who should apply?
You should apply on this requisition if you have, at minimum, the following profile:
- 3 to 20 years of experience with Python on Unix or Linux (we have room for all levels of seniority!)
Should I highlight anything specific?
While this is not a requirement, we are very interested in people who have exposure using the following technologies or subjects. Don’t hesitate to highlight them on your resume!
- Experience writing large scale Python applications
- Knowledge of OO techniques in Python
- Knowledge of testing and code quality tools
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms, including implementation details, performance consideration and complexity
- Solid understanding of Linux operating systems
- Enthusiasm for modern development tools and practices including test-driven development, agile and continuous integration
- Experience managing, deploying and troubleshooting, large scale production environments
- Knowledge of SQLAlchemy or other ORM systems.
- Experience building Python modules and cores from source code, including C/C++ source
- Experience with cross language development between Python and, particularly, C++
- Understanding of advanced Python techniques, such as thread management, buffer protocol/ memory view
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.