Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Risk (ETR) is comprised of five primary areas
- Core Infrastructure (CI) manages the infrastructure technology solutions to support the Firm’s daily operations, enable our businesses to expand to new markets, offer new client products, and comply with evolving regulations.
- End User Technology (EUT) delivers core communication, collaboration and productivity tools across the Firm, including desktop and mobile devices, remote computing solutions, and multimedia services.
- Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM) provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services. QAPM also manages the Enterprise Command Center, Enterprise Systems Management, and Technology Disaster Recovery services.
- Technology & Information Risk (TIR) delivers first-line defenses to manage risks to Firm technology. TIR oversees programs that protect and enable the business, ensure secure delivery of services to our clients, address the risks presented by an evolving threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations.
- Technology Business Development (TechBD) manages the Firm’s strategic relationships with external technology companies.
The Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform Engineering team is looking for an experienced Python Infrastructure Developer to help build, maintain and improve its internal private cloud infrastructure.
A successful candidate will have experience in Systems Administration and have moved onto DevOps/Automation in their career.
- Strong Python programming skills, writing secure, testable, robust code.
- Good understanding of UNIX system fundamentals and network protocols.
- Good knowledge of at least one configuration management system, for example salt stack, quattor, puppet, chef, ansible or any similar system.
- Experience of managing, deploying to, and troubleshooting, large scale production environments.
- Exposure to modern development tools and practices including git, jenkins, agile and continuous integration.
- Ability to collaborate with others on development, including code reviews, providing specifications, implementing specifications from others, and writing documentation.
Knowledge of French and English are required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.