Posting Date: Nov 12, 2020
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
The Enterprise Security Platforms (ESP) team is responsible for implementing the Firm’s Cybersecurity Strategy via the architecture, engineering, deployment and operation of technical security controls and capabilities for the Enterprise. This goal is achieved via the team’s focus on architectural rigor, automation, agile delivery and adoption of ESP's control implementations.
ESP is looking for a hands-on developer to join the Kubernetes Security Squad. Working with ESP Fleets and Squads, the successful candidate will evaluate, develop, deploy and operate security controls for managed Kubernetes environments. The candidate will be working on security controls for containerized applications across the build-ship-run lifecycle such as identity and access management, PKI, secrets management, and container runtime controls.
The candidate will be able to drive adoption of industry standard best practices such as automated testing, code review and SDLC compliance.
- Automate the deployment, operation and monitoring of security controls for Azure Kubernetes Services, Elastic Kubernetes Services and OpenShift clusters.
- Assist DevOps teams in delivering containerized and cloud-native applications and infrastructure as code
- Oversee and streamline configuration management using various automation tools
- Analyze and expose strengths and weaknesses in CI/CD processes and implement improvements and automation
- Investigate and evaluate new container orchestration technologies to continually evolve CI/CD pipelines
- Perform comprehensive reviews of cybersecurity domains by researching industry trends and emerging technologies and paradigms
- Investigate, evaluate and compare security products and produce technical write-ups including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for security enhancements
- Strong critical thinking ability and cybersecurity mindset
- 2+ years of demonstrable hands-on development experience in Python
- 2+ years of solid DevOps experience with gradually increasing responsibilities across the breadth and depth of the DevOps cycle – automation, orchestration, configuration management, CI/CD, monitoring, security
- Good level of understanding and experience with CI/CD technologies: Jenkins, TeamCity, Stash, Git, Jira, etc.
- Automation first approach, proven track record of automating large scale, complex distributed software delivery systems
- Solid understanding of private, public and hybrid cloud models along with laaS, PaaS and SaaS service models
- Experience working in an environment using Scrum, Kanban, or Agile frameworks
- Quality and security conscious when implementing solutions
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels and influence others
- Demonstrated good time management, ability to prioritize tasks, and to meet deadlines across multiple projects
- Confident and articulate self-starter
- A team player with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm
Nice to have:
- Hand-on experience with container security technologies such as AquaSec CSP, Palo Alto Prisma Cloud, SysDig Secure, Hashicorp Vault.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools: Terraform, Helm, Nomad, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of cloud architectures and related security technologies (IAM, DLP, configuration assurance, security automation, GRC, etc.)
- Experience with building, shipping, securing, monitoring and managing Dockerized applications from dev to production
- Experience building, maintaining or supporting managed Kubernetes platforms such as OpenShift, EKS, AKS and GKE
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) workstream follower and contributor
- Experience with system configuration tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of microservice architectures and services mesh technologies (Consul, Istio, Vagrant, Zookeeper, Linkerd, Aporeto)
- Hands-on experience with scalable architectures using container orchestration, serverless technologies, API management and microservices frameworks
- Proven track record of providing self-service platforms through infrastructure as code and cloud automation principles
- Thorough understanding of security architecture principles, security design and engineering best practices
- In-depth knowledge of cybersecurity threat types, their composition and IOCs
- Experience in pentesting, reverse engineering, incident response or forensic analysis is an asset
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.