OverviewA Quality Assurance Analyst fulfills an important role at Advanced, working in the Research & Development Department to ensure that new software development and issue resolutions are ready for release to our customers. High-level responsibilities include analyzing requirements, developing test plans, staging test data, running tests, documenting results, tracking issues and verifying that all information about each modification is documented correctly.
Work as a key member of the Research & Development Quality Assurance team to deliver high quality, on-time scheduled and spot releases
- Perform unit, functional, regression, usability, compliance, security, performance, integration, localization and system acceptance testing of complex client server and web-based application software
- Work closely with software developers, DevOps engineers, technical writer and usability designer to ensure delivered software adheres to design specifications and quality assurance metrics
- Identify opportunities to automate the test cases and to integrate them in software build and delivery process
- Identify and report quality issues or trends in the assigned area or product based on data from a variety of sources
- Document QA processes and test cases
- 3+ years of experience in a Software QA Analyst role, developing and executing test processes
- Experience creating and running automated test cases
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience with virtualization and containerization tools (VirtualBox, VMware, Docker)
- Knowledge of key technologies and tools – SQL Server, Oracle, HTML5, JIRA
- Experience with testing and deploying RESTful Web APIs and web services
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or diploma, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins) is an asset
- Experience with CIS/utility billing or local government ERP software applications an asset
- C#, PowerShell, Bash programming and/or scripting experience is an asset
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-226-5511 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.