Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
We are looking for a hands-on QA Automation Specialist to join a Quality Assurance (QA) technology team focusing on middle and back-office processing.
Our QA Team is composed of highly innovative employees and consultants working in worldwide network of offices located globally. Our goal is to perform a number of different testing schemes: Functional, Regression, Integration and Performance. This role focuses on solving complex testing problems, through the development and coding of programs tools and automation in order deliver efficient and elegant technical testing solutions and an efficient quality continuous test environment and strategic framework.
In order to achieve our objectives we incorporate DevOps, agile methodologies including Scrum, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in our development processes. The ideal candidate will work in close partnership with the Development and Business Team members based in Montreal, New York, Mumbai and London; and should be able to adapt to a continuously changing and fast paced, geographically dispersed environment, be able to successfully multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, fully engaged QA role.
The candidates key focus areas will be the following:
- Develop and configure software that delivers test automation suites that meet our business coverage objectives
- Perform initial diagnosis when automated test suites fail
- Learn and understand the business domain and application architecture
- Embed within a DevOps team and collaborate on projects
- Take ownership of project and QA deliverables
- Contribute to projects sponsored by the Firm wide QA organization which aims to continuously improve the QA function for the Firm
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in QA, development, automation
- Ability to design end to end testing frameworks
- Ability to code and maintain back-end automation frameworks written in distributed programming languages such as: Java, Python, Shell
- Ability to define and automate a functional tests using TDD, BDD framework (such as: Concordian / JBehave / Cucumber)
- Proficient in traditional RDBMS schema concepts and SQL
- Excellent in test strategizing, planning, estimation, execution and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional approach
- Knowledge of Web Services, XML, REST, SOAP, JSON
- Knowledge of source code management tools such as: GIT / Perforce / VSS
- Proficient in continuous integration tools such as: Jenkins / Maven
- Proficient in one or more distributed technologies E.g. Linux, .Net programming
- Knowledge of financial services
This job requires a team player with good organizational/planning skills, solid verbal/written communication skills, and a passion for delivering quality industry-leading technologies.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.