Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with approximately 32,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide; processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed; produces edible oil products for consumers and commercial customers in the food processing, industrial and artisanal bakery, confectionery, human nutrition and food service categories; produces sugar and ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat, corn and rice to make ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in South America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White Plains, New York.
Supervise and coordinate the Quality Assurance department at the Nipawin canola crushing and refining facility, including the laboratory and food / feed safety program. The position is responsible for plant food and feed safety, regulatory compliance, product recall, and related functions.
- Monitors and controls product quality both of finished product and of process materials.
- Establish and maintain all quality systems, procedures, and policies and manage the activities of the quality department and its personnel.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and customer audits including CFIA, HACCP, SQF, AIB, GMP Plus and others as they arise and act as the location PCQI, HACCP coordinator and SQF Practitioner.
- Authorized to release product, issue certificate of analysis, initiate recall procedures, and recommend corrective actions.
- Perform all duties safely, display safety leadership, cultivate a zero incident safety culture, and comply with all government and corporate safety requirements.
Description of Work Performed:
- Manage the QA and laboratory functions safely and within the manpower and budget resources provided, and within Bunge corporate policies and guidelines and collective agreement limits. This includes training needs, safety and housekeeping standards, and personnel expectations.
- Coordinate and maintain the facility Quality Management System, including the Food and Feed Safety Program. Administers the quality control policies and maintains quality control standards and procedures for the location.
- Supervises and/or performs laboratory tests, present test results, write reports, and maintain laboratory equipment, services, and supplies to support production and customer requirements. Must be proactive and be able to demonstrate sound problem solving skills, have experience with analytical instruments (GC, NIR, FTNIR, Spectrophotometer), and good knowledgeable of laboratory procedures and practices in edible oil crushing and refining or manufacturing environment.
- Plan, organize, and work under minimum supervision, provide analytical and troubleshooting assistance to the operations department, highlight deviations, collaborate and communicate effectively with various departments and managers, establish effective and open interpersonal relations, and perform related duties as required.
- Identify and address operational and procedural improvement opportunities through evaluation of laboratory data, organizing and reporting such data, and recommending action to be taken by area managers.
- Maintain good union relations, be knowledgeable of the Collective Agreement and maintain good employee relations.
- Contribute to the identification and development of capital and expense projects, and when applicable, complete assigned projects, capital and expense, within budget and on schedule.
- Manage and maintain the physical assets of the laboratory in good working condition to allow efficient operations, compliance with regulatory and corporate policies, and promote workplace quality. Participate in the budgeting process for the laboratory area.
- Graduate of a recognized University or College in chemistry related field with laboratory, QA, and plant experience.
- Good supervisory skills for laboratory technicians and other hourly personnel.
- Preferable minimum 3 to 5 years QA and Laboratory experience
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills and team orientation. Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
- Good understanding of organic, inorganic, and analytical chemistry.
- Operate analytical instruments including minor troubleshooting.
- Ability to reference industry standards, develop methodology, and adapt them to company requirements.
- Ability to plan experiments and studies, gather and analyze data, and write reports.
- Operate effectively within conflicting time restraints and prioritize jobs.
- Strong knowledge of SAP and MS Office including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays as required
Travel Requirements, Unrestricted cross boarder mobility
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled