Ancaster, ON, CA, L9G 3L1
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- QA Technician
- Quality Assurance
- QA Supervisor
This position is responsible for working in the production area to ensure full compliance with specifications, processing controls and food safety practices.
Responsible for Finished Product Quality Inspections and Product Hold Procedures
- Finished Product Quality Inspections to ensure compliance with product specifications and for checking heights, color and other attributes of finished product to meet customer quality expectations.
- Product Hold Procedures including placing questionable product on hold, discarding bad product, placement of positive release products on hold, monitoring the on hold procedure and ensuring compliance with positive release procedures.
- Provide individual or group training to production employees on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), product specifications, SPC, production controls, formulas, visual quality inspection criteria, GMPs, Food Safety and HACCP procedures and assist in development of SOPs
- Assist in preparation for internal and external customer audits
- In-Process Production Process Monitoring of all the operational areas
- Paperwork processes and document management
- Adhere to all applicable job procedures as outlined in SOP manual
- Keep work area clean and clear of hazards
- Report any unsafe conditions, incidents or injuries to supervisor immediately
- Use all prescribed personal protective equipment
- Ensure GMP’s and safe food handling practices are being followed
- Follow all GMPs including maintaining personal hygiene, hand washing/sanitizing hands, clean up spills
- Report any foreign material findings
- As part of food security, report any unusual people or behavior
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid quality orientation with experience and understanding of Food Safety principles
- Knowledge of GMP and HACCP programs and procedures
- Solid computer skills along with excellent analysis, problem assessment, problem solving, attention to detail, and leadership required
- Good oral and written English skills
- Must be willing to be a hands on performer and spend at least 80% of the time on the production floor
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- Post Secondary Education in science or related field
- Bachelor of Food Science, Microbiology or Human Ecology Preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of work in the bakery requires employees to stand on their feet for the entire 8-12 hour shift
- Physical demands may also include reaching, bending, walking, lifting (up to a maximumof 50lbs) and performing repetitive actions
- Please refer to the PDA for all physical requirements of this position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ARYZTA is a 24 hour/7 day manufacturing operation
- The temperature of the environment within the production area can range from 58 - 80degrees fahrenheit depending on the department
- The production areas are often loud, exceeding 85 decibels, due to the machinery that isrunning; earplugs are required to be worn while in the bakery at all times
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.