On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a QA Testing Lead for a 2 year term opportunity.
This project will work to minimize any disruptions of critical institutional capabilities and core HR and Finance processes as they migrate from the current way they operate into a new and improved way of working. The Test Lead will plan and track various testing activities, manage the defect triage process, report on test quality indicators and status, improve existing testing methodology, processes, and standards. The Test Lead will provide technical expertise and operational management necessary to establish and manage testing activities within the project. Testing activities will be centrally led by the PMO and executed by various team members such as Subject Matter Experts, or members from the workstreams. The Test Lead reports to the PMO PM, while working closely with workstream PMs, management and staff in IT, and other administrative units.
- Supports an engaged, collaborative, and exceptional learning, research, and working environment for all members of the organization.
- Enables a cohesive alignment of practices and processes.
- Creates a simple, intuitive, consistent user experience where we interact with confidence and ease.
- Ensures reliable, integrated, and accessible institutional data that enables people to make informed, strategic decisions.
- Positions the organization and its people to embrace opportunities and adapt to future needs and requirements.
- Provides robust, secure, sustainable solutions that are fiscally responsible.
- Defines and implements the overall test strategy, test plans, estimates, and schedule. Works effectively with workstream project managers, product vendors, and system integrator to agree on the appropriate test approach to ensure the quality of the solution outcome is understood and known issues are actioned.
- Advocates the appropriate level of testing based on quality, timeline, budget, and resource.
- Works with the Manager, Quality Assurance to ensure effective test planning and test execution of the integrated system. - Selects and follows project management methods, procedures, and quality objectives, and tracks metrics for assessing progress.
- Identifies potential areas for improvement in current methodologies.
- Manages and coordinates all testing related activities in multiple concurrent releases focusing on one or multiple domains(i.e. Student, HR, Finance), scheduled upgrades on the cloud platform and point solutions.
- Drives execution of the plan to completion within the agreed timelines.
- Tracks progress and prepare test reports.
- Acts as an escalation point for testing issues related to the releases.
- Works together with the product vendor and workstreams to confirm the stability of the various environments. (e.g. coordinate smoke tests)
- Assesses testing readiness prior to the start of the Testing stage.
- Ensures traceability between requirements and test cases.
- Provides empirical data (e.g. test results, defect metrics) to support deployment readiness assessment go/no-go decision.
- Works with the Manager, Quality Assurance and Program Risk Analyst on addressing quality issues and risks mitigations.
- Conducts regular testing status reviews with Senior Management at required quality checkpoints. Balances workload, provides technical and analytical guidance in testing.
- Creates Test Cases as needed.
- Assesses the progress and effectiveness of the test effort.
- Monitors and analyzes test results and defect metrics.
- Contributes to formal project reviews.
- Defines roles and responsibilities for the test team.
- Builds the centrally coordinated testing team with Subject Matter Experts, testing resources, or other team members from the various workstreams.
- Recruits and manages relevant testing members as needed.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships and collaborates with team members who will take part in the testing activities.
- Trains resources on the testing model, objectives, execution, and communication of test results.- Performs other related duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Technology Management, or other relevant program preferred.
- Certifications in one or more of the following are an asset: related test management or testing certifications (ISTQB, ASQ, PMI-RMP, Six Sigma).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, in-depth knowledge of applications and the business requirements supporting them or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate experience with applications and the business requirements supporting them.
- Project Management experience is an asset.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (such as: MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project. Ability to demonstrate the following skills in day to day tasks:
- analyze and interpret information with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- exercise tact and discretion;
- prioritize, multitask and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines;
- work effectively independently under limited supervision and in a team environment;
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- clearly communicate issues and solutions to all levels, on both a formal and informal basis to a diverse group of audience.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts is an asset.
- Self-motivated and adept to deal with ambiguity within and of complex concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment and resolve problems.
- Strong knowledge of wide variety of testing approaches, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of the software development process.
- Strong experience in managing testing of configured COTS solution on cloud platform and various integrated point solutions.
- Strong experience in test case and defect management tools. Knowledge of Jama Software and JIRA is an asset.
- Knowledge of project management disciplines and best practices, applications development and implementation.
- Demonstrated ongoing career development through active and self-motivated professional development.
- Demonstrated track record and commitment to delivering results and proactively supporting applications and services.
- Experience in performance management, career development, problem-solving, change management, budget development and financial management.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities and work under pressure to meet critical, time sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of HR, Finance, or Student system.
- Experience in building cross-functional relationships.
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.