Quality Assurance Person (QAP)
Life is short, and you deserve to work in an environment that is healthy and positive. Do you want to be part of close-knit team of makers, doers and dreamers? We have the employer for you!
Our client is at the centre of Canada’s burgeoning cannabis industry, servicing consumers, suppliers, partners and governments; based in the Monteregie area they are in need of an experienced Bilingual Quality Assurance Person (QAP) (50+ employees and growing ) to take on a leadership role in their Licensed Cannabis facility.
QAP will be responsible for leading a Quality Assurance (QA) Department at Producer's site to ensure products, processes and methods meet necessary quality requirements and standards in accordance with applicable regulations (ie Cannabis Act).
Hours of Work: 40 Hours per Week – Monday to Friday. Additional hours maybe required based on operational needs
What you will be doing
- Collaboratively develop and implement programs and processes that align with corporate values, relationships and business strategies
- Accomplishes department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities.
- Ensures procedures are established and enforced as per GPP and Quality standards and practices in compliance with the Cannabis Act. .
- Reviews and approves methods, procedures, specifications, substances, materials and components that are used for cultivation, production, packaging, labelling, testing and storage of the Medical and Recreational Cannabis, prior to their implementation, assuring their compliance with ACMPR provisions
- Supporting continuous of Quality Management Systems (QMS) systems
- Reviewing certificates of analysis and results of laboratory tests for conformance to specifications;
- Reviewing and maintaining GPP, QA/QC, executed batch records, as appropriate;
- Approves or rejects Medical and Recreational Cannabis for provision or sale, based upon conformance/non-conformance of product to respective specifications and regulatory requirements;
- Investigating deviations and non-conformances determining necessary course of corrective actions, as appropriate. Monitoring implementation of corrective actions to ensure completeness and adequateness of such actions;
- Managing procedures and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements regarding product quality complaints, recall and returned product;
- Participating and providing necessary support during inspections, audits or requests by regulatory and compliance authorities (e.g. Health Canada);
- Interacting with other functional departments and managers providing support to maintain a cohesive quality assurance program.
- Ensures a safe, secure, and legal work environment as per applicable provincial and federal legislative requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Who you are:
- B.Sc. (Pharmaceutical, Chemistry) or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (French & English).
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of practical experience working in a Pharmaceutical / NHP / Medical Cannabis industry in Quality Assurance or equivalent environment.
- Proficient working knowledge of GPP, Cannabis Act and other regulations that apply to Medical and Recreational Cannabis (Controlled drugs and Substances Act, Food and Drug Act and regulations, Pest Control Products Act and regulations etc.).
- Strong leadership, organization and interaction management skills.
- Health Canada recognized Quality Assurance Person an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Role up your sleeves, proactive & positive attitude;
- Ability to maintain security clearance with Health Canada/RCMP.
If you have what it takes to do this, please provide a cover letter and resume