Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? Do you have a drive to take existing processes to the next level? Are you a collaborative team-player who considers trust and respect important in building real partnerships? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental has more than9,000 employees, the majority of which are based in Canada, the United States and Latin America. Following the transformational acquisition of Coveris Americas, TC Transcontinental’s consolidated pro forma revenues are estimated at C$3.3 billion for fiscal 2017. With our 3 business segments in Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
This position will be part of our Shrink & Extrusiondivision. With over 4,000 employees and 28 production facilities worldwide, we specialize in extrusion, lamination, flexographic printing and converting of plastic and paper products. You will join a team that is passionate about creating the perfect package, no matter what industry.
About this opportunity
The Quality Assurance Manager for Transcontinental Shrink & Extrusionhas responsibility for managing daily quality activities to support production departments such as extrusion, printing, and converting; plans and assigns work, enforces policy and procedures, recommends improvements in production methods, interfaces with quality auditors (AIB, ISO) and customers, and participates in team activities. Quality zealot who effectively raises concerns and sets the cultural tone for quality conscious workplace for the Shrink & Extrusion Business Unit of Transcontinental.
What you will do
- Balance quality, productivity, and safety to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Ensure all products conform to specifications.
- Perform periodic audits of operational and quality processes to monitor and maintain effectiveness.
- Provide change leadership and ensure effective employee relations.
- Lead the CAPA process (corrective action, preventive action) and customer issue resolution.
- Manage, coach, and counsel the local quality team members (including lab).
- Drive quality and CI initiatives to reduce waste, customer complaints, late deliveries, and credits issued.
- Identify and communicate training needs using production problems data.
- Drive supplier management to support production efficiency.
- Use data collection, analysis, and presentation (including SPC, pareto charting, process capability) to drive data-based decision making and opportunity prioritization.
- Ensure food safety compliance through GMPs/prerequisite programs and HACCP (as appropriate).
- Create/maintain documentation of the Quality System (such as standards, procedures, inspection protocols, test methods, records, and forms)
What you have to offer
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university (required);
- 5 years of quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2 years of supervisory / managerial experience
- Experience with quality management systems (ISO, SQF, etc)
- Ability to facilitate the use of quality tools (Fishbones, 5 Whys, A3s)
- Ability to analyze data using Excel
- Ability to create presentations in PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. A competitive compensation package, 401K plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs]