ATLAS GROWERS LTD.
LOCATION: LAC STE ANNE COUNTY, ALBERTA, CANADA
POSITION: QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN (FULL TIME)
DEPARTMENT: QUALITY ASSURANCE
Founded in 2015, Atlas Growers is a Canadian pharmaceutical cannabis production company located near Edmonton, Alberta. We strive to improve people's lives by producing high-grade cannabis flower and related cannabis products while simultaneously leading the industry on the science behind the historically misunderstood and misrepresented cannabis plant. With a talented team of educated, experienced and dedicated members, a growing list of exciting new partnerships, and our ultramodern cannabis production facility and laboratory; we hope to change the framework of what is understood about cannabis while pushing the limits on the myriad of medically viable phytochemicals it produces.
Our state-of-the-art, purpose built 38,000 square foot building, is designed to cultivate and process the highest-grade cannabis products possible. The technology incorporated into the building and industry-leading cultivation practices are coupled with a fully indoor, climate-controlled environment to enable the customizable ecosystems needed to properly cultivate the cannabis plant at maximum efficiency.
We have set a priority to facilitate further scientific research on medical cannabis through strategic partnerships with local agricultural professionals, Canadian universities, and international horticulture experts. The goal of this research is to provide clinical, reliable data to Canadians and the world as this nascent industry evolves. By doing so, Atlas offers opportunities for healing and hope.
This is a rare and immense opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of a premium pharmaceutical cannabis producer. With it, you'll get the chance to directly impact a burgeoning industry and work with other highly motivated individuals in creating its identity. If you believe in our mission, and know you can offer the type of passion, knowledge, and expertise necessary for this position, we'd like to hear from you.
Quality Assurance Technician
Atlas Growers Ltd.
Atlas Growers is looking for a diligent and hard-working Quality Assurance Technician (QAT) to assist our Quality Assurance Manager (QAM). A successful candidate will be tasked with improving and maintaining test data, completing measurements, and communicating results. You will be responsible for ensuring product specifications are met and enforcing company standard operating procedure and policies (SOPs) on the production floor. You will also perform scheduled tests and tasks at pre-set intervals.
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Role and Responsibilities
- Represent QA as an ambassador for regulatory compliance with respect to GPP, Cannabis Regulations, and company SOPs
- Participate in the self-inspection and internal auditing process
- Complete production batch record review and all required follow-up
- Complete documentation review for manufacturing records, logbooks, and all required follow-up
- Assist with investigation of non-conformances leading to the identification of the root cause
- Assigning and implementing effective CAPA to promote continuous improvement
- Assist with the generation and review of release documentation
- Work closely with Production Planning to ensure batches and runs allocated for shipping have been released and all associated documentation has been reviewed and closed out
- Work closely with production, management, staff, and auditors to ensure facility compliance is maintained
- Assist in the development of training programs and perform training sessions for personnel as required
- Assist with the implementation and continuous improvement of quality procedures
- Assist manufacturing in drafting and writing SOPs that comply with Cannabis Regulations
- Assist with the tracking of metrics around compliance and efficiency and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Participate in both internal and external audits as required.
- Assist with compliance through the software for quality systems including the ERP system.
- Assist QA TEAM Manager as required in oversight of the facilities compliance.
- Potential for 4 x 10hour shifts per week, with occasional approved work from home days
- Coverage of weekends and occasional statutory holidays is required on a rotating schedule
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in the Quality Assurance Field
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills - Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience with HACCP (HARPC)
- B.Sc. degree or diploma in a science related field
- Experience working in a regulated environment, pharmaceutical, food manufacturing, medical device, or natural health product manufacturing is preferred
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems including batch record review, batch release, document control, change control, deviations, investigations, and CAPA
- Understanding of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations is an asset
- Competency of technological writing (SOPs, Annual Reports, Investigation Summary)
- Security Clearance from Health Canada may be requested and required for this position.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and adapt to an evolving environment
- Good work ethic and positive team attitude
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Atlas Growers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Experience Related Questions: