With approximately 2,900 employees, JBS Food Canada ULC (“JBS Canada”) is one of Canada's largest beef processors. Consisting of four locations—the main processing facility located in Brooks, Alberta, where approximately 4,200 head of cattle are harvested and processed daily; the Head Office and a case ready plant, both based in Calgary, Alberta; and JBS Ontario, a case ready plant located in Belleville, Ontario. The JBS Canada facility in Brooks has the capacity to produce products ranging from boxed beef primals, ground beef, beef trimmings, beef by-products and hides which are shipped across Canada and worldwide. At the multi-protein Mountain Creek Farms case-ready facility in Calgary, JBS Canada produces value-added products including marinated, portion sized, multi-pack options, kebabs and much more. JBS Ontario in Belleville produces fresh meat and seafood products for leading retailers in Canada.
At JBS Canada, our people are our greatest asset. We are very proud to have a team of high achieving, engaged employees. We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Technician to join our team at our JBS Ontario facility in Belleville, ON.
The QA Technician accurately conducts required food safety and quality critical control point checks on the JBS Canada production process as outlined in the HACCP and Quality Program requirements. Completes analysis on these tests and reports results and recommendations as needed.
NOTE: This position will be located in Belleville, ON
- Complete necessary food safety and quality critical control point checks on process as outlined in the HACCP and Quality Program requirements
- Work directly with production staff (management, supervisors and production operators) on testing protocols and requirements to meet and exceed CFIA quality and safety requirements. Ensure QA Manager and production management is aware of any deviations from product specification or reporting requirements.
- Perform pre-operational inspection on all operating equipment before each shift.
- Regularly and randomly monitor production staff's adherence to meeting production specifications. Assist in evaluation of new equipment and process instructions to effectively meet and exceed product specifications
- Evaluate raw and finished material for compliance to product specifications. As needed, recommend product to be placed on hold, provide recommendations on required disposition alternatives, and inform appropriate management personnel as required.
- Participate in employee training on QA requirements and ensure thorough understanding by staff of CFIA and JBS Canada HACCP and food safety regulations and practices.
- Complete other related QA duties and testing as needed.
- Present a professional and respectful attitude when dealing with both internal and external contacts and will work towards facilitating a team atmosphere within the facility.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline such as animal/food science, biology, microbiology, chemistry/biochemistry, supplemented by 3 – 5 years of QA or related experience within the meat/seafood/food processing sector.
- Thorough knowledge of CFIA requirements and JBS Canada’s HACCP and Food Quality programs.
- Ability to work in team setting or independently with minimum supervision
- Good analytical and logical problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate technical details on food safety requirements to production staff, supervisors and management.
Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Cold/refrigerated.
Earn Competitive Wage
Exceptional Benefits include:
Competitive Wage | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Career Growth and Continued Training
240 Jamieson Bone Rd.