Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
The Quality Control Supervisor’s role is to perform and coordinate the quality control/assurance functions in the Precast division i.e. Precast & Hollowcore plants including all processes required to plan and execute our work as well as to oversee/audit the quality of manufactured precast products. The incumbent is responsible for all activities relating to development and maintenance of our precast quality assurance program in all areas of our operations.
Marketing and Customer Relations
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Establish relationships and network with customer.
- Maintain positive working relationship with precast concrete supplier to ensure that appropriate specifications are written and that sufficient receiving inspections are performed on products ordered and received.
- Develop the knowledge and expertise in the Q/C department.
- Quality interface and networking with other ready mix concrete and precasters, Lafarge companies and outside organizations.
- Provide assistance to marketing and sales department in the planning (estimating stage) of a project that requires specific and/or specialized input.
- Oversee objectives, educate and review performance for all reports in the Q/C department.
- Responsible for the application of Quality Control/Assurance program.
- Develop knowledge and expertise in the concrete technology.
- Direct and train the Quality Control Technician team members.
- Works directly with project managers, precast engineers, plant managers and supervisors.
- Promote safety awareness.
- Manage and direct daily tasks for the Q/C technicians.
- Participate in the planning of any new product development initiative.
- Oversee any specific quality plan in any department that is required to execute a job successfully.
- Schedule regular testing of equipment and materials.
- Supervising Q/C technicians in carrying out testes and checks.
- Review and update of the CSA/PCI/CPCI Quality Manual System and audit of the system.
- Oversee and maintain our testing capability (includes people and equipment).
- Monitoring and ensuring the Quality Assurance program is followed.
- Writes or reviews technical and performance specifications, quality standards, sampling plans, and inspections procedures.
- Reviews receiving inspections of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Reviews certificates of compliance or test reports to determine validity.
- Analyzes product test data and writes evaluation reports.
- Ensuring established polices and regulations related to quality control are followed
- Audit and measurement of compliance.
- Project trouble shooting.
- Write plans and procedures and monitor cost for R&D Projects.
- Ensure that budget is met
- Review testing invoices.
- For participating in the planning of projects with specific reference to quality.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and company Q/C and Q/A guidelines and policies.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with excellent product and service quality.
- Demonstrating leadership with respect to quality and process improvement.
- EIT or CET designation is required.
- More than 5 years of experience in construction industry. Precast industry experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of industrial and commercial building construction practices.
- Computer skills training programs or equivalent work experience including software applications, communications and knowledge of network operations.
- Must be able to attain PCI Level I/II within 1-year time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organization, supervisory and planning skills.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Good working knowledge of cementitious materials as well as concrete properties/characteristics
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
Through LafargeHolcim’s 2030 Plan, Lafarge is committed to providing solutions using sustainable manufacturing practices and improving the environment in and around its operations. The company has a sixty year history in Canada and works continually to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, restore wetlands for native plants and animals, and identify waste materials that can be recycled and used in our operations.