Quality Control Technician personnel perform procedures that include evaluation of raw materials, in-process components, finished products, equipment quality control, and equipment maintenance in compliance with guidelines established by Orasure Technologies and regulatory agencies. The Quality Technician is responsible for the inspection of bulk chemistry solutions.
- Perform all procedures accurately and according to written Work Instructions and SOPs as indicated in the Quality Control procedures and other applicable facility procedures.
- Maintains a clean, organized work area and keeps supplies stocked at the bench.
- Assist in the training of QC laboratory employees in new methods and procedures.
- Develop and maintain systems to track trends in product and component quality
- Perform verification and calibration of certain measurement equipment.
- Support process validations per procedures.
- Responsible for performing incoming inspection of labeling, finished product, raw materials including chemicals, etc.
- Responsible for performing final inspection of internal production output.
- Responsible for performing final inspection and testing of Chemical Production output.
- Perform source inspection at Contract Manufacturers’ sites.
- Develop and maintain inspection related procedures.
- Perform customer complaint investigations including required testing, evaluations and batch history reviews when requested.
- Perform failure investigations including investigative testing.
- Communicate with Contract Manufacturers and other suppliers on incoming lot acceptance results.
- Performs other job duties and special assignments and projects as put forth by the Senior Quality Control Manager/designee Order inventory and supply items as needed.
- Diploma in chemistry or biological science or equivalent combination of relevant job experience and training.
- Education or certification in Quality Auditing, Quality Engineering or Quality Management an asset.
- Minimum 3 years in a chemical laboratory environment.
- Minimum 3 years in quality control or quality assurance role.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong laboratory and time management skills.
- Experience analyzing technical data and preparing technical reports.
- Knowledge of quality management systems such as ISO9001, ISO13485 or cGMP.
- Experience with quality tools to solve problems.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to work with a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications.
At DNA Genotek, we are committed to building and preserving an accessible, welcoming, supportive, fair, and inclusive environment.
Accommodations are available to support prospective employees during the recruitment and hiring process. Should you require any accommodations, please advise us in advance so that we can work with you to find a suitable accommodation.