Why work for Lafarge?
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/careers .
The QC Technician’s goal is to ensure the final quality of Asphalt products, ensuring the highest customer satisfaction for the products. Areas of responsibility include the QC testing of raw materials, asphalt and the control of asphalt mix designs.
- Quality control through the active testing of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods
- Design and development of asphalt products to service our customers needs (design aggregate skeleton of the various mix types, i.e. Marshall, Superpave, SMA, OGFC, etc)
- Responsible for the testing, evaluation and preparation of the above noted mix design types
- Assist in asphalt plant operation, with a focus on the optimization of mix designs and ensuring production cost is kept to a minimum
- Assist the General Manager as well as production staff in various technical functions in the operations
- Maintain quality as per specification requirements
- Accurate and on-time reports
- Maintain and develop strong working relationship with customers and/or representatives
- Education: Graduated from a technical post secondary diploma or degree program. (Civil Technology or Engineering is preferred or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.)
- Computer Proficiency: QC Software and MS Office applications.
- Knowledge: Able to understand and work with QC lab euipment.
- Skills: Strong team player with a positive attitude and is a self starter. Effective written and oral communication skills. Able to multi-task effectively and work in fast pace environment while being flexible. High level of time management and prioritization skills.
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
Why work for us?
Working for Lafarge offers a wide variety of career opportunities that utilize your abilities and skills to contribute to a better world. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits plan, a health & wellness program with financial incentives, an extensive global e-learning platform and much more! More information can be found at:
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.