Why work for Lafarge?
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
To provide constant monitoring and record keeping for the various stages of production as it relates to quality (i.e.: Compliance with CSA, CPCI and PCI Standards, job specifications, plant standards, and procedures.)
- Keep on file a complete set of shop drawings for each work order. Review specifications with the QA/QC Manager and when necessary, with the Engineering Manager / Plant Engineer as well as with the Plant Superintendent at pre-job meetings.
- Prepare the necessary inspection forms for each specific job being monitored and record all concrete test results appropriately on these hard copies and in electronic format.
- Monitor and record the review of all purchased materials as they are received (i.e.: cement, aggregate, admixtures, strand, reinforcing, miscellaneous iron, bearing pads, etc.) before and during placement into products whenever possible.
- Perform testing of plastic and cured concrete and record all related information.
- Evaluate mix design performance and consult QA/QC Manager for necessary adjustments.
- Monitor and record all pertinent plant procedures. This includes keeping the required records and distributing report forms as outlined in the Precast System Manual.
- Make an effort to do a most COMPLETE and EXTENSIVE pre-pour review of as many products as possible.
- Perform a follow-up post pour review of all products and sign the Quality Control tag (making sure all information on the tag is complete and accurate) and flag the product if necessary.
- Survey girders and double tees for camber and sweep and occasional form set-ups.
- Report any and all non-conformance issues to the QA/QC Manager and write necessary Non-Conformance Reports.
- CET, EIT or mix of relevant experience
- Excellent computer and math skills
- Excellent blueprint reading skills
- Basic surveying skills (preferred but will train on-site)
- PCI Level 1/2 certification preferred
- CCIL or ACI certification preferred
- Precast experience preferred
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
Why work for us?
Working for Lafarge offers a wide variety of career opportunities that utilize your abilities and skills to contribute to a better world. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits plan, a health & wellness program with financial incentives, an extensive global e-learning platform and much more! More information can be found at: www.lafarge.ca
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.