This position is for Cam-Slide, a division of Magna Seating. Magna Seating is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seating systems, seat structure and mechanism solutions as well as foam & trim products for the global automotive industry. Our capabilities range from market and consumer research, full concept development, design and engineering, testing and validation to world-class manufacturing.
The QE is assigned to a team that will head-up one or more product launches or improvement projects. The QE ensures that all quality requirements are addressed. These requirements include all controls required to monitor the process, relevant documentation, verification, capability studies, and all improvements required to be implemented so that jobs run in accordance with Quality standards. The overall function of this position is to develop stable and controlled Quality processes for implementation in the production process.
The work performed by the QE is to guide and lead the Team in the Advanced Quality Planning (AQP) agenda. The QE coordinates activities with Test Lab, Dimensional Lab and Engineering to accomplish tasks. The QE is responsible for Quality aspects of their assigned programs including supplier, internal and customer concerns.
- Develop Corrective Action Reports for customer and internal concerns.
- Prepare PPAP submissions and maintain documentation in an organized manner
- Write accurate and complete control plans and inspection instructions
- Develop Quality Alerts for various customer, internal and supplier issues.
- Prepare prototype documentation and support prototype / pre - production builds.
- Review and disposition supplier PPAP's.
- Ensure supplier corrective actions are effective, documented, implemented and closed in a timely manner.
- Prepare annual PPAP submissions
- Conduct proactive Control Plan and PFMEA walks to ensure product and process controls are effective
- Champion scrap reduction plans for assigned programs
- Shop floor support for internal and supplier issues
- Assisting in the preparation of PFMEA
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Analyze data and provide solutions/recommendation's for product and process improvements
- Review and approve supplier International Material Data System (IMDS)
- Monitor quality testing completion to control plan requirements i.e. dimensional OQR checks, cut and etch, destruct testing, etc.
- Coordinate 3rd party material testing as required
- Participate in quality training functions as required
- Track and ensure prototype builds have all required information prior to shipment
- Maintains customer, company and supplier confidentiality
- Customer Representative with responsibility and authority to ensure that customer requirements are addressed. This includes selection of special characteristics, setting quality objectives and related training, corrective and preventive actions, product design and development.
- Adheres to all MAFACT requirements
- Adhering to all IATF 16949 policies and procedures
- Must comply with all ISO 14001 (Environmental) and OHSAS 18001 (Health and Safety) systems and standards as it pertains to their work
- Abide by all AODA and C-TPAT procedures that apply to their position
Knowledge and Education
- ASQC Quality Engineer certification or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of Process Sign Off
- Sound knowledge of Quality Management System - IATF 16949
- In Depth SPC knowledge
- Blue print reading and GDT knowledge
- A Minimum of three years' experience working in a Quality environment utilizing knowledge of prototype product development of products in accordance with customer requirements (AIAG)
- Demonstrated experience working with customers
- Working experience with Automotive Customer Specifics and AIAG requirements
Skills and Competencies
- Must be an assertive team player
- Excellent communication skills